six

Hyunjin:

Today my dad and I will arrive at home again.

I was looking forward to be home again, I preferred staying in and around the castle instead of travelling around the country.

But I kind of enjoyed the weeks with my dad, where we would travel around and joke with each other.

It's still dark when we arrive outside the doors of our home again.

We downswing from our horses and some servants take them to the stables.

The door is opened quietly for us. "Welcome back your majesty. Welcome back prince Hyunjin.", our home ambassador greeted us.

We greeted him back and stepped inside.

We immediately went to our rooms.

"Make yourself presentable we will surprise the kids at breakfast.", my dad chuckled.

He had a habit of calling all the abandoned people his kids. I think it's adorable when he refers to them as 'his kids'. But I don't think we could surprise them, since I saw two boys peaking out of their window when we arrived.

"Sure.", I smiled.

I did as I was told and got ready. I quickly showered and picked a random, presentable outfit. To finish it off, I bound my hair back in a loose ponytail and walked out of my room.

Luckily we don't share a corridor with the boys or the girls. My dad and I have our own, and no one is allowed to go there without permission.

My dad accompanied me only minutes later.

He had picked one of his best robes, accompanied with a matching button-down shirt and trouser.

"Ready?", he asked me.

"Yes.", I answered.

"Oh by the way, before I forget to tell you. We have a new kid, he's your age and his name is Lee Yongbok. He used to be the prince of King Lee but he abandoned his own son.", he told me, sadly gazing at his shoes.

Why would king Lee abandon his own son?

But I didn't get the chance to question my dad further about this Yongbok, since we already stood in front of the dining hall door.

"I will announce you two.", our home ambassador spoke to us and my father nodded.

The ambassador quickly opened the doors and loud chatter would be heard, but he turned them all quiet when he spoke up.

"May I have you attention please?"

"Thank you.", he added as soon as he had all the attention on himself.

"And now, greet with me, the great return of our generous, talented, handsome king Hwang and his well known son Hyunjin!"

I heard the crowd shifting, waiting for us to come in.

But the ambassador had other plans, he spoke up again.

"Lee Yongbok? The king awaits you this morning after a short break after breakfast in his office, so that you can introduce yourself properly."

I felt sorry for the poor boy, he surely had all the attention on him now. But he used to be a prince so he should be able to handle it.

After that the ambassador gave my dad a sign and my dad walked inside. Leaving me in the halls.

He talked a bit till he announced me.

"So greet with me, my son!", he cheered. This is my sign!

And I stepped through the doors, immediately having all the attention on me.