part 1

italics is the na'vi language and the chapters will not be checked for errors until after this book is completed (also i apologize for it being so short)

---------------------------------------------------

As the soft feeling of the plant engulfed your hand, you closed your eyes and smiled. You adored feeling the life around the sea, and you could talk about it for hours. Your siblings thought that it was odd that you were fascinated by all life in nature, even the demons, otherwise known as the sky people.

From what you could recall, you had never seen any, so you just guessed that they never had any reason to come to your clan's land. Which is the way you hoped it'd stay.

Growing up, you would hear stories about the great Toruk Makto, who united the na'vi clans in a time of great sorrow. You would always hear stories about how the sky people are evil demons that want to kill you, but you never failed to be just a bit curious about them.

You had heard all about how bad they were, but you had never seen some for yourself. Your parents had warned that, if you were ever to see one, to not be seen and go straight back home as soon as you could. Although this had never occurred, you hoped somehow someday you would be able to learn more about them.

Of course, being the first born of Tonowari and Ronal, the Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk of your village, put a lot of responsibilities on your shoulders. You felt as if you never had a break. That was until the Sully's arrived at your home, asking for shelter. 

When you first met the Sully kids, you had no idea it would change your life.

---------------------------------------------------

word count: 266

completed: 1/6/23

edited: no