part 5

bold is the signing they do underwater

italics is when they speak the na'vi language

and regular is english

---------------------------------------------------

You sighed contently, stretching your arms above your head after sitting down for so long. The lessons with the Sully kids had ended now, so you were free to do whatever until dinner. 
You decided you wanted to rest for a bit, then ride your ilu and go roaming around. Not beyond the reef, of course. You didn't have a death wish. 

Making your way over to some rocks by the water, you sat down and leaned your back against them. Resting your head back on the rocks, you sighed, content with your day. After a while, you started to drift off.

You woke up again to find a blue face looking down at you. 'Weird,' you thought 'Since when did we have forest na'vi here?' Then you remembered about the Sully family, and your head shoots up. That was a bad idea, since the Sully boy, who you figured out to be Neteyam, had his head over yours.

Your heads collided with a loud and painful thud. You clutch the spot where your head collided and rubbed it, hoping to lessen the pain. All you were focused on was the pounding headache starting to form when you heard a small yelp beside you. You turned your head and-

"Owwww..." There you saw Neteyam, laying on the ground, clutching his head while frowning. Your eyes widened the slightest bit, and you immediately apologized. You saw his frown lessen, before it turned into a grimace. 

"It's okay," he said, trying to smile a bit. You thought of what to say, and you remembered about your plans of wandering around the sea. You weren't sure if he would accept your invitation, but it was worth a shot.

"I was gonna wander around the ocean. Wanna come?" your face held an unsure smile as you waited for his response

"Aren't we not supposed to go beyond the reef?" he asked, thinking it was a bad idea. Your face morphed into a confused expression, before realizing what he meant.

"Nonono we're not going beyond the reef, I found a cave not too far from here and it was kind of dirty so I was gonna go clean it today, and maybe decorate it. Do you wanna come with me?"

He looked behind him, then back at you, and nodded his head, saying yes. Your face broke out into a smile, and so did Neteyam's. You grabbed his hand and started running towards where you last say the ilu's.

"Woah!" You looked behind you to see that Neteyam almost tripped, but managed not to. You giggled softly and turned around, continuing to pull him along. What you didn't know was that the reason he almost tripped was because his brain stopped working due to you holding his hand.

Once you reached where the ilu's were, you called your ilu and hopped on. When you looked back at Neteyam, you remembered that he was never taught to ride an ilu, so instead you motioned for him to hop on behind you.

All in all, he was nervous.

---------------------------------------------------

word count: 511

completed: 6/13/23

edited: no