part 2

as of right now there won't be any schedule for this book, i will try my best to update it as frequently as possible though

bold is the signing they do underwater 

italics is when they speak the na'vi language

and regular is english

---------------------------------------------------

It was a normal day. The sky was its normal light blue color. You and your sister were minding your own business, swimming around in the water. Even though you had seen this part of the reef, you never failed to be amazed by its' beauty. 

"Tsireya, come look," you signed, a shot smile on your face as you pointed at the school of small silver-colored fish that were gliding gracefully through the water. The sun would reflect off of their scales, making what looked like a rainbow underwater. You looked back at your younger sister with a happy smile on your face. 

"We saw that just yesterday," responded your sister, chuckling at how you could get so excited over such little things, even though you had already seen them before.

"I know, but they are just so beautiful," you smiled happily, swimming around, excited to see what else the reef was home to. Right when you were about to call to your sister to show her another fish you had seen, a loud commotion could be heard above the water. You and your sister looked at each other, slight worry evident on both your features.

You swam to the surface to see what it was all about to see a large crowd gathered around in a circle. Your sister got to the top before you did, fixing her hair while waiting for you. You popped up beside her shortly, doing the same as her. When you looked back up you saw her looking into the crowd, smiling with a slight blush, then starting to walk towards the crowd.

You followed her line of sight to see a boy staring at her. You caught up to your sister, nudging her in the side, sending her a teasing smirk. She just rolled her eyes, looking back to the boy. Once you reached the crowd, you two squished through the people and made your way to the front, where your father stood.

You looked around, looking for your mother, to see her examining the newcomers. She was pointing out every difference between them and us, and as she grabbed one of the kids' hands, she shouted:

"They are not even true na'vi! They possess demon blood!" 

You ignored what your parents were saying, focusing on looking around the family, taking in their appearances. You could tell they were not from around here, as their skin was darker than ours, like those of the na'vi that live in the jungle. Their arms and legs were a lot thinner than ours, which would make swimming a lot harder.

You saw that there were two adults, probably mates. You inspected the male closer, when realization struck you. He was the mighty Toruk Makto you had heard stories about. This made you even more intrigued in the family.

Your eyes traveled to the youngest girl, who was hiding behind her mother. Then to the taller girl who was in the back, looking annoyed about the whole situation. Your eyes then moved on to the boy that was staring at your sister, analyzing him. He looked like a nice guy, and you hoped that, if they ever got together (which you were sure they would), he would treat her right. 

Your eyes then wandered to the taller boy standing next to him, only to find that he was already staring at you. You both blushed and looked away, then looked back at each other simultaneously. You both smiled at this, giving a small wave to each other.

You felt a nudge to your side and you turned to look at your sister, giving you a teasing smirk. You blushed even more, rolling your eyes before looking back at the boy. To say the least, he was handsome. Okay, you found him attractive, your heart beating faster at the thought of him finding you the same way.

You shook your head, thinking 'no! i just saw him today, i shouldn't think that way until i've gotten to know him.' You tuned back into the conversation when your father said.

"Toruk Makto will stay here with us, my daughters Tsireya ad y/n and my son Aonung will show you to your hut. They will teach your children the way of the metkayina clan." 

At this, you and your sister smiled to each other, with you glancing back at the boy from earlier.

---------------------------------------------------

word count: 734

completed: 1/7/23

edited: no

question: should i post more frequently with shorter chapters, or less frequently but with longer chapters?