part 4

bold is the signing they do underwater

italics is when they speak the na'vi language

and regular is english

---------------------------------------------------

And fun it was indeed.

When you, Tsireya and Aonung first introduced the Sully kids to the water, they struggled with a lot of things. All of which were basic knowledge of a metkayina child.

Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto, Aonung's friend who joined you, gracefully dived in, with you following behind them. You four swam deeper to make room for the Sully kids. 

Shortly after you guys, they not-so-gracefully dived in, creating big splashes of water. Once they caught sight underwater, their eyes lit up with wonder and amazement. 

You smiled at their amazement at the beauty of your home, happy that they appreciated it as much as you did. 

The moment did not last for long as they attempted to swim, only moving a small amount of distance each time they pushed their legs. They looked to be trying really hard, so there was that.

"Come. Swim with us," signed Tsireya. The Sully kids looked at her confusedly, before they pointed up to the surface, and started to swim up. You looked at your siblings, confused as to why they were going up.

"Are they stupid?" signed Aonung, which caused him to get hit on the backside of his head by Tsireya.

You and your sister swam up with them, with Aonung and Roxto behind you two. The four of you surfaced, and you were going to ask them when Aonung beat you to it.

"You are not good swimmers. Maybe good at swinging through trees but-" he was hit on the back of the head by you.

"Do not say that," you said, before turning to them "Are you guys okay?" you asked them, with slight worry evident on your face.

"You guys are too fast. Wait for us!" exclaimed Tuk, and you gave her a small smile.

"We don't understand your finger talk, bro," responded Neteyam, trying to mimic the signs your sister had done. 

You let out a small laugh, before responding "I guess we will just have to teach you."

() ()  () ()  () ()  () ()  () ()  () ()  () ()  () ()  () ()

You had all swam over to where you had dived into the water from and climbed out of the water. 

"Hey, were's Kiri?" you heard Lo'ak ask

"Kiri?" repeated Aonung, seeming to be confused as to who Kiri was.

"I saw her back in the water, I don't think she saw us leave," said Roxto

"The three of us can go look for her while y/n keeps you company," suggested Tsireya, earning a groan from Aonung.

"The three of us?" Aonung complained. Tsireya smacked him lightly. 

"Yes, the three of us." Tsireya dived into the water, followed by Aonung and Roxto.

You turned back to the four kids, a slightly awkward silence coming upon you.

Suddenly, you feel a light tug on your arm and you look down to see Tuk looking at you.

"When will we learn how to dive and swim like that?"

"I'm sure you'll learn soon," you said, smiling at her, "But I'll tell you what. I can show you the Ilu tomorrow, and you can feed them."

Tuk was smiling from ear to ear now, so excited to see the cute creatures that lived in your home.

That was when Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto came up and out of the water.

"We found Kiri, she was underwater playing with some fish. I'm sure she'll be fine for now," said Tsireya "For now we'll focus on your breathing."

() () () () () () () () () () () () () () () () () ()

You had set up pairs of two, so it'd be easier to teach the Sully kids. The pairs were Tsireya and Lo'ak, Roxto and Kiri, Aonung and Tuk, and you and Neteyam. 

The first thing you did was practice your breathing with Neteyam. 

"Breathe. Just breathe. Inhale slowly," you said, then inhaled slowly "hold, then exhale slowly," you exhaled slowly to give him an example. He closed his eyes, inhaled slowly, holding for a while, then exhaling slowly.

"Yes. Good, that is good. Slow down your heartbeat. Breathe from here," you said, patting his stomach, then moved your hands to his chest. 

"Breathe in and out. Slowly," you had moved to that you were next to him sitting with your legs criss crossed, facing him, and one hand was over his heart and the other over his stomach. 

His heart sped up a bit when you did this, and he looked at you. You gave him a small smile, then closed your eyes calmly, and started breathing in and out slowly, hoping he'd follow.

You took a small peak at him, to see he had closed his eyes and was trying to match his breathing to yours.

After a few more breaths, he had managed to slow his heartbeat down. Both of you opened your eyes, smiling.

"You did it," you smiled proudly at him, while he looked just as proud as you felt.

"I had a good teacher," he slightly smirked at you, and you rolled your eyes jokingly.

You both turned around to see how the others were doing and Tsireya seemed to be having a particularly hard time with Lo'ak.

"No. Breathe. From here," she positioned her hands like how you had done to Neteyam. Lo'ak seemed more embarrased about it, though.

"Your heart is beating very fast. You want to slow it down," Tsireya chuckled, oblivious to how flustered Lo'ak was because of her hands.

You, Neteyam, Roxto ,and Aonung sent each other knowing looks while Kiri rolled her eyes, annoyed. Tuk wasn't paying attention to them and found the little fish in the water more fascinating.

You saw Neteyam send Lo'ak a teasing look, wrigling his eyebrows suggestively. Lo'ak glared at him, his cheeks still looking flushed. He looked away and focused on Tsireya, who looked like she was trying her best at helping him.

"A metkayina child could to better than these st-" you sent him a warning glare, daring him to continue what he was saying. He gulped and looked away.

You sighed, annoyed that you would have to deal with your brother's stupid remarks as long as the Sully's were living there.

But you rather enjoyed their company, so it was worth it.

---------------------------------------------------

word count: 1,020

completed: 1/10/23

edited: no

FINALLY I MADE A CHAPTER WITH 1,000+ WORDS

with the longer chapters, it will take me longer to write them since i end up forgetting what comes next

enjoy!