We'll meet again

Loud music was being blasted from my earphones causing me to bop my head up and down with the music as I stared out the window to the blue sky above, the pen in between my fingers moving like drumsticks.

Random scenarios played over and over in my head while the teacher talked in her sugary voice. If I didn't have my earphones in all I would hear is her heels clicking against the floor, surrounded by students in the back whispering.

The birds that fly through the sky look so graceful, high in the clouds with not a care in the world.

My body moved with the music unknowingly, but that was put to a halt when I suddenly saw a small black bob fall by the window. All my actions stopped and I furrowed my eyebrows.

What was that? A bird maybe? How could it suddenly just fall like that though? I hope it didn't hit the ground...

Thud

My thoughts were interrupted by my teacher (Miss Evie) slamming both her hands down on my desk - my head immediately snapped to look at her. "Raven." she fake smiled "Stop daydreaming and focus on the lesson, okay?" the smile remained on her face yet her tone was threatening.

I simply gave her a nod and replied "Yes, ma'am." Her hands left my desk and I quickly took out my earphones and placed them with my phone into my bag.

She walked back to the front of the class and clapped her hands together with a grin. "Alright, like I said please do numb-" her speech was cut short by the deafening alarm that rang throughout the class and echoed in the halls.

Her blonde ponytail bounced as she quickly turned her head to the intercom expecting an announcement. She blinked and her eyebrows furrowed when she didn't hear anything but static. Miss Evie rushed to the door and locked it, swiftly turning off the lights as well. "You already know the drill. Hide and don't make a sound." she loudly whispered and crouched down.

The students copied her actions as everyone, including me, crouched down and ducked under our desks. I sat under my wooden desk and brought my knees up to my chest.

This has become a routine. I didn't feel worried.

"It's probably just a drill." I heard someone whisper. "Geez this is getting old." another one said. I let out a long groan, my face falling into my knees. I should've known it was a bad idea to stay up that late. I'm so fucking tired. A yawn escaped my mouth.

My ears were still ringing from the alarm when I noticed more noises coming from down the hall. Usually, it was filled with nothing but silence and occasional whispers during a drill.

But...

I heard blood-curdling screams and a bunch of shoes slamming against the ground, it sounded like a group was running.

"It's just a drill, right?" one of the girls whispered in her wobbly voice. No one answered her. Everyone was just staring at the door. "Right!?" she cried out. Suddenly the door started shaking and the knob turned violently. Another girl let out a yelp. Someone was trying to get in.

"PLEASE! LET ME IN!" a strangled voice came from the other side. It was obvious the person was crying. "Please.. it hurts... it hurts so much!" The man behind the door said and we heard him fall to the ground with a thud and suddenly it was quiet again.

"Mi- miss Evie?" a girl known as Jessica spoke up. Jessica looked back at the door and a scream escaped her pink lips. She quickly threw her hands over her mouth to quiet her whimpers. Blood was pooling through the crack of the door. One of my classmates that was right next to the door shuffled away when the blood touched his shoes. "oh my God oh God oh God" he cried out.