Are you gonna quit, Big boy?

First thing I feel when I wake up is the splitting headache coursing through my skull. Just as I sit up, my hand flies to hold my head. Fuck. The hangover from last night is catching up to me. "still worth it though" I think to myself, remembering the fun I had. Looking beside me I see he already left. His bed is neatly made, sky is a strange person. For someone who gets so messy with art - he seemed to organized. 

"Get up. Try outs are tomorrow, Raven." With every word he speaks, pain shoots through my brain like a bullet bouncing in my skull. "yeah, yeah." I reply with a not so eager tone. In return, August kicks my bed. "What? You have a hangover from last night?" his hands burry themselves in his pockets. "Maybe." I look up at him seeing a big bandage on his cheek. "What about you? That fall must've been fun." I mock him and his body visibly tenses up. August rubs his cheek "It wasn't a fall. That fucker pushed me into the bar!" his face reddens. Throwing the covers off my body, I get out of bed. "Do you like fights that much? So much you cant even enjoy a party?" I ask while making my bed. 

August doesn't answer. "Let me guess, Valentina." I turn my focus to him and he nods while staring at the ground. He actually looks sad for a moment. "Are you going to the try outs?" I calmly inquire and he nods again. "Kay, Well we cant have you distracted so-" god I cant believe I'm gonna help him. "Train with me." 

"I'll be at the training grounds in a bit, I need to shower. Go without me." As I walk to the locker rooms my mind replays what happened last night. Or at least what I can remember. All I can see are pictures flashing before my eyes and not the full memory. Indigo and Ajax... the fight with Val and the brothers... and Sky. Me and Sky. 

My fingers trace over my lips. Sky almost kissed me?  Then there was a loud sound...  
and then my hand claps my forehead. "Fucking August." 

Flashback. 

"I want to kiss him, I want to taste his lips." My mind goes wild as I lean closer and closer to him. His addicting eyes meet mine as he leans closer as well. By now I can feel the heat from his body, and his breath against my lips. He smells like... Lavender mixed with weed. 

CRASH
My eyes break from his to look at where the sound came from. a crowd of people surround something. Upon closer inspection, it was August. Lying on the broken glass table covered in blood. Sky rushes to him before I could react. 
The music stopped, instead the atmosphere is filled with people whispering. 

End of flashback.

Shaking my head, I try to forget the scene as I walk to the training grounds. August is already there along with Indigo and Ajax. To be honest, I didn't think he would actually show up. I let a relieved sigh escape my lips when I don't see Sky. "RAVEN!!" Ajax sang while he runs to hug me. Hesitating, I hug him back slowly. "Hey, Ajax. Did you have fun yesterday?" His face lights up. "Mhm!" Ajax takes a moment to look at Indigo before turning back to me. "She finally let me into her quarters. If you know what I mean..." He wiggles his eyebrows as he points to her with his thumb. "Ah..." I can feel my cheeks warm up. "hey! don't picture anything!" he scolds me as if he read my mind. 

"I wasn't." August leans onto Ajax, his arm falling over Ajax's shoulder. "What's happening here?" August raises an eyebrow. "Nothing, anyway! Do you know where Sky is?" August gives me a confused look. "Why-" Ajax cuts him off. "Whyyy?? You wanna kiss him?" He makes kissing noises. Slapping my hand over his mouth, I give him a 'stfu' look. Ajax simply laughs into my hand before licking it. I quickly pull it away and wipe it on August. "Gross!" 

"Hey! Don't fuckin' wipe it on me!!" August growls at me as he grabs my wrist. For a moment, just for a moment our eyes met and it felt different... Almost like we were in a trans. He lets go of my wrist and turns away. "We gonna train or what?" Ajax looks shocked at the scene he witnessed. "Right." I whispered under my breath. 

Y'know, As much as I hate him, I have to admit. He is really skilled. August hits all of his shots and he is really talented in hand to hand combat. I got landed on my ass more times than I can count. 

"Jesus, were you a boxer or something?" I huff between breathes after landing my ass on the ground AGAIN. He smirks "Something like that." August offers me his hand, I look at it suspiciously before taking it. Surprisingly he helps me up to my feet. "Thanks." Wiping the blood from my nose, I notice for the first time, how big August is. Compared to me, He looks giant. His height and broad shoulders make him look intimidating. 

Black curly hair falls into his face as his green eyes stare into mine. He is attractive too... "What?" If only he wasn't such a dick. "You look tired. Are you gonna quit, big boy?" His eyes widen at the words 'big boy' before turning back to his normal glare. Wiping the blood from his mouth, a big toothy grin appears on his face, revealing his sharp teeth. "

"I'm not done with you yet."

. . .

"Tired yet, big boy?" I teased from where I was sitting, above him. He scoffs as he squirms trying to get out of my grasp. Having him finally pinned to the ground I declare victory. The sun has set at this point, the lights from the building shining onto his bloodied face. I didn't notice it at the time, but the position we were in was more than lewd. Thighs straddling his hips, my hands on his wrists, keeping him in place. "You really think you've won?" before I could respond - he switched places with me, flipping our bodies around. August sat on my hips and thighs hindering me from moving. His hand kept my wrists in place behind my back. His other hand on my head, shoving my face into the ground. "What about now?" I can hear the smirk in his voice. Squirming and kicking I try to move, even just a bit. "Still got some fight in you..?" Just as he says that my actions stop, my chest heaving from exhaustion. "Fine, I surrender." I could hardly get out my words. 

"Good girl." My body halts and my muscles tense up from those words. a Laugh rumbles from him "You like that?" He leans against me, his lips almost touching my ear. "Good. Girl." There is that feeling again. Those words cause my stomach to twist into knots as my eyes widen. He laughs again. "I'm just teasing." The weight of his body lifts off of me when he gets up. Turning over, I get up and dust the dirt from my clothing, avoiding his gaze. "Are you mad at me?" He tilts his head. "No, I'm just worn out." I answer him. "Its only fair I get to call you that, since.. y'know you called me 'big boy'." My eyes meet his. "hey, at least the name fits you." I tease him. 

"Oh, so are you not a good girl then?" He teases back and I can feel my face getting hot again. "Whatever." I bluntly say while walking away from him. "Fine, fine, I'll stop, kay?" He catches up to me. 

"Do you think we missed supper?" He changes conversation. "Probably." I chuckle. "So..." he starts "Why did you want to know where Sky is?" August inquired.