Deadful Evening

______

A/n: I recommend listening to a fire playlist while reading :)

______

You would think a party hosted in a school assembly would look like a school dance of sorts. Right? Not this one. Sure, there was loud music playing along with purple and blue lights but the things that were happening could easily get someone expelled. Luckily for us, it's the end of the world so who gives a fuck.

Walking into the large room, the first thing that catches my eye is the number of people. For something so secretive it seemed like the whole community was here. The place was packed so much to the point where you could barely walk without bumping into someone. It honestly felt like a game of bumper carts just trying to get to the bar, but I finally reached it. Almost everyone I know was here. The first people I recognized are Indigo and Ajax chatting at the bar with big grins on their faces. And my god did Indigo look stunning... 

Her dark jumbo twists fell on her shoulders and swung against her exposed back, and her deep violet dress reached her knees. Indigo was accompanied by the wholesome ginger in a formal shirt and gray pants. He was the first to notice my presence, I was greeted with a warm smile that prompted Indigo to look at me. The two practically grabbed me by the arms and dragged me to the bar. "Raven! You actually came." Indigo's angelic voice broke through the music. "No time for chit-chat! Let's get you wasted!!" Ajax rejoiced as he grabbed a shot glass. "What's in it?" I laughed. The bartender filled up two more shots and swiftly slid them to us. "Vodka." Indigo said with a mischievous smile. The shiny glasses clanked against each other as we cheered. 

A burning sensation flowed down my stomach leaving me with a warm fuzzy feeling. Just as I placed the glass down I felt Ajax's arm swing around my shoulders. "Hey, look at that." he slurred his words and with his glass in hand pointed towards the crowd. Following his index finger I saw a very flirty August with Valentina. "Holy-" My words were cut off by my giggling. "Wait for it." Ajax smirked. Before I could react, Ash charged in between the two - with a very angry expression may I add. He grits his teeth and narrowed his eyes, glaring at August. We couldn't make out what he was saying but we knew it was him snapping at August once again.  Val sighed and rolled her eyes at the two.  "Poor Val." I laughed again as my arms wrapped around my stomach. "Should we do something?" I asked with sympathy and amusement. Indigo nudged me with her elbow. "Please, before those two end up killing each other." she joked whilst popping a chip into her mouth. "Hey now, Valentina is a strong independent woman." Ajax stated as he asked the bartender for more drinks.

"That may be but I might as well intervene." I simply said whilst I took a hold of my martini glass and walked towards the three, downing the whole glass in the process. Wiping the excess liquid off my lips, someone steps in front of me. My eyes travel up to meet the person's eyes. It's no other than Sky. a Soft smile spread across his lips while he nervously rubbed his nape. THIS MAN IS TESTING ME. 

I gulped trying to contain myself and my not so holy thoughts. Sky wore a sleeveless skin-tight turtle neck that reached to his groin, exposing his hips. His waist was accompanied by very low and baggy black pants, complimenting his-  "Uh, Raven?" he waved his hand in front of my face, trying to snap me back from reality. Was I drooling? noooo...  I shook my head quickly trying to get rid of my thoughts. "Yes?" I snapped my eyes to him again. "You look... nice." He whispered shyly looking off to the side. "You too. I like your outfit" I force an innocent smile. "Can I take you somewhere?" his honey-like voice got louder. As I eagerly nod he gently takes my hand, leading me through the crowd. Glancing back, I see Valentina had Ash by the collar. 'Well she sorted that out fairly quickly' I noticed. Sky lead me to a corner in the makeshift club that contained bean bags and a small coffee table in the middle. The corner was lit with fairy lights making the whole place feel cozy. Vincent sat on one of the beanbags and another girl close by. Noticing a steel grinder on the table I knew exactly what was going down here. "Here sit down." he let go of me and I plopped down onto the gray bag. The blonde crouched down by the table and started rolling a joint. "I didn't expect you to be a stoner." I remarked and he replied with a chuckle. "Well, I am a painter."  I shouldn't be surprised. 

Sky looked me in the eyes as he licked the paper. FUCK. My hand flew up to cover my mouth. He made his way to me and handed me the joint. Placing it between my lips - I realized something. "Oh... I don't have a lighter." He shook his head "Don't worry." With the joint still in my mouth he got closer and lit it. Taking two puffs I pass it to him. "Ah, so you've done this before?" He smirked whilst taking a few puffs as well. "Yeah, but it's been a while." I took the joint from him and this repeated a few times before we smoked the entire thing. 

"How do you feel, Ray?" Sky asked, we both lay down on the floor, opposite each other, looking at the flashing lights coming from the ceiling. I turned my head to him and we made eye contact. a giggle escaped my lips before I could stop it. "Guess that answers it." he laughed alongside me. Finally, I got myself to stop laughing and looked at him once again. "Thanks, Sky." He broke eye contact and gazed at the lights again. "Oh- and where did that nickname come from?" I jokingly ask while I sit up, still facing him. His hands immediately covered his entire face. Prying his hands away from his face I forced him to look at me. His blue and golden eyes pierced into mine and we both cackled. I fell onto his chest from laughing so much. I missed this feeling. "Do you feel better?" he sincerely asked. 

"Yeah." I pull myself off him. "Thank you." He sat up as well, by this point, we were so close our noses grazed against one another. 

"Rav-" he got cut off by a loud smash.