Chapter 4: Gauntlet of Fire

It has been a couple of days ever since (Y/N) and Rarity took their little road trip with Pinkie Pie and her big sister, Maud. After the trip, (Y/N) asked Rarity if there were any caves in Ponyville that they could possibly explore and no doubt did Rarity know of some that they could both explore in. Of course when Spike found out, he wanted to come along too since he claims that he wants to help, but really he just wants some jewels to eat. Despite knowing his true desires, the two of them let Spike come along anyway.

Several gems are seen embedded in a rock face and these become enveloped in a magic glow and are pulled loose as the caster was Rarity, who she along with (Y/N) were wearing hard hats as (Y/N) wore a yellow one while Rarity had hers accessorized with her Cutie Mark and a large blue bow. Them and Spike are in a cavern as he holds a couple of baskets full of precious stones, one which had silvery shiny gems and the other one had assorted ones. The area is only illuminated by the headlamp on Rarity's hard hat.

All three of them aim a frightened look above them to see a cluster of cluster of bats hanging upside down from the ceiling. Each has its claws clamped onto a projecting jewel, and Rarity's beam dissipates just short of reaching them with its full intensity while (Y/N) was trying his best not to look up as much as possible.

Rarity then swivels her head intently to look in Spike's direction and the gems she has just harvested land in one of the baskets with the faintest clink. He licks his chops at the idea of being able to turn them into a gourmet meal.

Rarity: *quietly* The last time I was here, I woke them and ended up with a mane full of bats!

(Y/N): *shudders* *quietly* Don't even say that. . . I almost DIDN'T want to come down here, but. . . I got desperate with wanting what I'm looking for.

(Y/N) then looks over to the side and sees some pointy silver looking gems to the side as he smiles before tip-toeing over to them and he uses his magic to pull them out before dropping them into the other basket that Spike had in his grasp.

(Y/N): Titanium. Also, thanks for helping the both of us out with carrying the gems we collected, Spike. Who knew having a basket holder with you is so useful?

Spike just salutes with his right arm.

Spike: Leave it to your guys' best dragon partner to be of assistance anytime of the day.

He then looks back down at the baskets with sparkles in his eyes.

Spike: Especially when the reward comes with something delicious~

He said licking his chops again which (Y/N) deadpans at Spike for while Rarity rolls her eyes before exploring deeper in the cave.

(Y/N): Spike, Rares and I are using those gems for something important. You're not going to make any of those your next meal for lunch. Speaking of which, we better hurry since I want to be only partially late for the lunch date that Twilight scheduled with Celestia and Luna.

Spike: What? Aw, come on. At least let me have some for helping you guys out. How about we split some of your titanium with me?

(Y/N): Why the titanium?

Spike: Those will make THESE taste extra salty and crispy.

He said pointing to some of Rarity's basket as (Y/N) looks at him with an annoyed look before rolling his eyes with a sigh.

(Y/N): Alright, fine. What exactly is the "split" we're talking about here?

Spike: I'm thinking. . . 90/10 split.

(Y/N): Oh, wow. That's actually pretty generous of you.

Spike: Yeah, you're the ten and I take my ninety off the top.