Chapter 6: Gotta Go Dash

(A/N): This chapter is a replacement to Newbie Dash as this chapter takes place after the events of the episode. An original chapter centered more around the reader. As usual, enjoy. ^_^

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

When you have passion to become just like your idol, your talent is never just going to come at you as if bits were to grow on trees. I looked up to my mother a lot despite living in such loneliness for half of my childhood. She did everything that she could for me when she realized that my loneliness and sadness was the source of my dark powers that I found to be a huge enigma inside of me. That included teaching me to become just like her and let me tell you that the training process of becoming a fighter. . . wasn't easy in the slightest as my mother practically kicked my flank, er, butt in the case a lot of times before she finally figured out that I was ready. Wait. You want to see what happened? The training part. . . or the part of getting my butt kicked? Both? *sighs* Fine, I guess it won't be too embarrassing to tell you guys about my teacher-student time with my mother. . .

Earth, 6 years before I went to Equestria. . .

My mother knew that if she were to train me then we shouldn't be near home or out in the open doing so. However, I was completely oblivious to this fact as we were both miles away from home, hiking up a trail near a mountain. My mother was walking up the mountain as she looked towards the sun and seeing it reminded her of Princess Celestia a bit as she sighs happily with a smile before continuing to walk up the trail. As for me. . .

I was lagging far behind her carrying a large, heavy backpack full of camping gear and of course at my age at the time, it was heavy as I was barely able to walk at a steady pace and I was also sweating like a pig while panting. The good thing was that my mother wasn't so ignorant as she made sure that she could at least see me as she was walking up and I was following her.

Young (Y/N): *panting* I. . . I know you're trying to be all wise and teacher-like. . . but can you at least tell me where we're going?

(M/N): If I told you, it wouldn't really be much of a surprise, now would it? Besides, we're almost there, dear. Just a little further.

Young (Y/N): *panting* We've been walking for HOURS now though. . . It's so boring and my legs are killing me!

(M/N): Well. . . if it's too much of a pain, we could turn right back around. *sigh* It's a shame, though, because you won't get to see the surprise.

I gasped from this before vigorously shaking my head.

Young (Y/N): *panting* N-No! N-N-N-No! I really want to know what it is! . . .I just didn't expect for us to come all the way out here. . . for it.

(M/N): Oh, you won't be whining so much until after we have reached our little destination. Come on.

I sigh in exhaustion from this as I continue to follow my mother up the mountain as it appears I am going to get no hints on where we're going at all.

Eventually, I was slowly trudging up to the top of the mountain and when I look ahead, I spot my mother sitting down in a criss-cross position in front of a large lake with her eyes closed as I make my way towards her and I set our camping gear down before crawling right up next to her while still partly exhausted.

Young (Y/N): *panting* You. . . brought me. . . all the way up here. . . for a swim?! Thanks. Even though I'd rather go to a beach. . . This is fine too!