Demons and Demon Slayers, Oh My! - 悪魔と悪魔のスレイヤー、オーマイ!

You come across a strange house in the woods and you learn a few things in your short time here: very strange, frightening, and powerful monsters that look like humans exist in this world. And it seems like even normal (well sort of) people can be just as strange and frightening!

 And it seems like even normal (well sort of) people can be just as strange and frightening!

You pant, wiping your hand across your forehead. The sun overhead was now at its highest peak and scorching hot. You've been walking for at least another hour now. It was getting harder to keep going, especially with your legs starting to feel weak again. You didn't want to bother Tanjiro or Zenitsu with something so minor as needing to take a short break since you're sure you've already worried them enough with your sudden outburst earlier. So, you just grit your teeth and bear it. You could make it! Surely, you would all stop sometime soon to rest, and then you could carry on. There had to be a town or something close by, right? But your luck seemed to have run out, as there were no signs of civilization yet.

Oh well, you could probably use the exercise and should get used to walking again. It didn't seem like many vehicles or other forms of transportation were very common either, especially out in the countryside, which was fine with you. You actually enjoy walking, but it isn't very appealing to you right now, considering you've been doing it for hours, non-stop. And you are extremely tired, hungry, and thirsty. Your stomach decides to growl very loudly then, notifying the other two of your growing hunger, and they turn to look at you. You crack a small, embarrassed grin as you subconsciously cover your stomach by crossing your arms, willing it to be quiet. But it rumbles again, as if in retaliation, demanding to be heard and fed.

You try to stay focused on the road ahead and ignore it, but a light tap on your shoulder stops you in your tracks. You turn around to find Tanjiro smiling softly and procuring a ball of rice, neatly wrapped inside two thin wooden wraps (Kyougi) , from within his coat. He holds the ball of rice out towards you, but you hesitate to grab it. Only when he pushes the offered food closer, nodding encouragingly, do you finally reach out and claim the ball of rice. Inspecting it closer, you see something green sticking to the bottom of it and subtly sniff it, turning it over in your hands. Tanjiro and Zenitsu watch you, finding your curiosity a little amusing and endearing.

Feeling their eyes on you, you look up and smile awkwardly. You're afraid to admit that you have no idea what the green thing is, and it's the only thing preventing you from eating the rice right now. You don't want to seem ungrateful, but you have an aversion to certain textures and tastes, and this seemed like it fit right on the list of things that you would have a hard time stomaching. It looked slimy yet dry and had a salty smell, but it wasn't overly strong. Your reluctance to begin eating gives enough time for Zenitsu's stomach to start growling, drawing everyone's attention to the loud gurgles. He smiles sheepishly and pats around his body, opening his coat up to search for some of his own food, but he comes up empty-handed.

"Do you not have any food?" Tanjiro asks.

Zenitsu sighs, his lips forming a small pout. "No... it's all gone."