Mount Natagumo: Part 1 - 那田蜘蛛山 前編

The group finally bonds a little before moving on to their next mission. Heading northwest, they reach an ominous mountain—Mount Natagumo—unaware that they are stepping into a spider's web.

 Heading northwest, they reach an ominous mountain—Mount Natagumo—unaware that they are stepping into a spider's web

Sunlight filters through the window, and you blink a few times, rubbing your eyes with a yawn as you sit up. Despite feeling a bit weary and experiencing lingering aches, you generally feel fine, considering everything that transpired yesterday. You remain on the bed for a few minutes, allowing yourself to gradually wake up, and you drift into your thoughts.

Since you first awoke in this unfamiliar place and were discovered, approximately a day and a half has passed, though the exact timeline remains a bit hazy due to the events blending together during your prolonged unconsciousness. You anticipated having at least one answer or regained memory by now, but everything still remains a blank slate. Anxiety begins to trickle in as you worry about the uncertain prospect of regaining your memories, questioning if you'll always be left in the dark about what transpired and whether you can ever return to where you originated, assuming you even belonged anywhere.

These daunting thoughts loom, and you find yourself lacking the energy to confront them head-on. In an effort to push these concerns aside, you make the decision to finally get up and face the challenges of the day.

You stand and tidy up the small bed, ensuring it's neat before you cautiously approach the door, sliding it open with care to avoid making too much noise in case others are still sleeping. Stepping out into the hallway, you glance around, feeling a bit uncertain about what to do next. It appears that nobody else is awake and moving about. With limited knowledge of the surroundings beyond the boys' room and the bathhouse, which is located outside, you decide that some fresh air could do you good.

Quietly padding past the boys' room, you proceed down the hallway until you reach the door leading outside. As you step into the open air, you inhale deeply, taking in the crisp, cool atmosphere. The gentle rustling of leaves in the trees accompanies a faint draft of wind, while birds chirp softly, heralding the dawn of a new day. The tranquility of the scene envelops you.

You can't help but marvel at the beauty of the estate: the lush trees, vibrant flowers, and cobblestone pathways meandering through the yard. The sunlight casts a warm glow over everything, and dewdrops glisten on the grass, adding to the serene ambiance. It's a moment of peaceful appreciation amidst the quietude of the early morning.

After meandering around for a few more minutes, you decide to return to the main building. Lost in your thoughts, you're somewhat surprised to find the old lady standing at the doorway when you reach the front steps. She offers a small smile, and you reciprocate, following her inside as she signals for you to come along. She leads you into a larger room with a small table sitting low to the ground and cushions, motioning for you to take a seat while she begins arranging some food.

As she busies herself around the room, you sit with your hands in your lap, feeling a bit awkward and fidgety. You're eager to help but unsure of what to do, and the look on your face must convey your uncertainty. The old lady seems to understand, grinning and shaking her head as she passes by, holding a finger up to indicate she'll be back. You release a sigh, slightly hunching over and absentmindedly picking at your finger, biting your lip.