One Step Forward, Two Steps Back - 一歩進んで二歩下がる

Tensions rise and conflict ensues, and just when the group starts to get along, another argument sets them back.

Tanjiro stands rigid, his body slightly shaking in anger. "Aren't you part of the Demon Slayer Corps? You should know it's taboo for us to fight each other without provocation, but here you are, giving them a completely one-sided beating. Is that fun for you?" He asks sharply, glaring down at him. "You are the lowest of lows."

The man lays there and starts cackling with a ragged cough. "Hahaha, so that's how it is? I didn't realize..." He sits up halfway to look back at Tanjiro. "In that case, let's fight—you and me!"

"No! Didn't you hear a word I just said?! Listen—"

Surprisingly, the man flips back up onto his feet before sprinting towards him. Tanjiro tries to reason with him as he starts throwing punches, but it's futile.

The man is stubborn and won't listen to a single word!

He punches, his leg joining the mix as he swipes it outward, but Tanjiro dodges the attacks. The man closes in with each strike until he manages to grab onto Tanjiro's arm, propelling himself up and swinging around Tanjiro's head in an attempt to knock him off balance. Tanjiro slides him off, but the man quickly transitions into a handstand, launching a kick that nearly connects with Tanjiro's face. Barely evading the attack, Tanjiro's eyes widened in shock at the masked man's speed and agility.

Tanjiro watches as the man jumps away, then swiftly returns by leaping onto all fours, propelling himself forward with his hands, his feet poised to deliver a blow to his abdomen. Tanjiro stumbles but quickly regains his stance, retaliating with his own punches. However, the man bends backward with remarkable agility, dodging Tanjiro's strikes before swiftly countering with a punch to Tanjiro's side.

That one punch doesn't stop Tanjiro, though. He was really trying to avoid fighting, but if the boar-headed man wanted to fight, then a fight he'd get!

As Tanjiro begins to fight back more fiercely, the man's movements become increasingly erratic and gain speed. Exploiting Tanjiro's momentary lapse in focus, he seizes the opportunity to wrap his legs around Tanjiro's upper body and forcefully slam him to the ground. Despite the impact, Tanjiro swiftly recovers, springing back to his feet and delivering a powerful blow to the underside of the man's chin with his own head. The man grunts in pain and swiftly drops down, sweeping his legs out in an attempt to trip Tanjiro, while simultaneously swinging his lower body in a circular motion, aiming to disorient him.

The longer they fight, the more animal-like he seems.

Tanjiro observes the man's attacks, noting their low-to-the-ground and wild nature, reminiscent of a real boar. Focusing on his own movements, Tanjiro successfully blocks another punch, creating an opening for a leg sweep of his own. However, his surprise grows as the man effortlessly drops into a split and flips his legs back up, crashing them onto the top of Tanjiro's head, sending him tumbling face-first into the dirt below.