Change - 変化

You were determined to make changes, no matter how long it took, how many attempts it required, or even if you felt like you were going in circles.

You've come to understand that life is a journey of learning, growth, and embracing change. This truth is evident in the world around you—the land, plants, wildlife, and the flow of time itself. Embracing the highs and lows, experiencing all that life presents, is what makes it all worth it.

It's been an arduous week since you last saw Tanjiro, Zenitsu, or Inosuke, and your anxiety has reached new heights

It's been an arduous week since you last saw Tanjiro, Zenitsu, or Inosuke, and your anxiety has reached new heights. After reconciling with Uzui, you immediately sought them out to apologize as well. However, what you didn't realize was that each of them had been medically cleared and allowed to resume missions. Despite searching the mansion fruitlessly for a few minutes, you headed to their room in hopes of finding them there. Aoi Kanzaki, the girl who had been caring for them during their recovery, was the only one in the room, tidying up.

That's when she informed you that they had been sent on their first mission post-recovery.

It wasn't a shock considering it had been a little over three months since you began Japanese lessons and they started rehabilitation training, but the news still hit you hard. They were gone. You couldn't stop dwelling on how badly you wanted to make amends. They needed to know how sorry you were and how grateful you felt towards them. You couldn't let them continue thinking you didn't appreciate them. Losing them would shatter you, bringing back dark and depressing thoughts you had fought before. Without them, life in this place meant nothing.

While you still had Uzui, Mitsuri, and others, those three were your pillars, the ones who grounded you. They were the first to make you feel like you belonged, like you had a family you couldn't find elsewhere. Each day they were absent, you paced the mansion anxiously, waiting for their return to finally express everything you'd been holding inside.

Yet, four more days passed without any word of their return.

You can only hope they're safe and will return soon. Their absence has consumed your thoughts, leading you to spend hours studying and training until you're nearly exhausted each day. While it's draining, it helps distract you, especially with a certain Hashira nearby. Rengoku proves to be an excellent mentor—kind, patient, and diligent. He knows how to push you, even if it sometimes feels daunting as you doubt reaching his level of optimism and strength. You may end up merely being able to hold your own in smaller battles, assisting the other slayers, rather than becoming formidable against stronger foes such as a member of the Twelve Kizuki or Muzan himself.

Nonetheless, you just want things to work out and your friends to be happy.

Stepping outside, you head to the training grounds where Rengoku awaits, accompanied by a familiar face standing off to the side. As you approach, the man turns to you, his expression neutral, triggering your memory. He's the one who saved you and Inosuke from the giant spider demon on the mountain!