Chapter 12: Maiden of Light

The Maiden of Light. A legendary heroine that all races of Axis Mundi adored. Back in her time, it was an age of darkness where the demon king had declared war on the core races of the Axis, and she was their beacon of light. Her deeds and character granted her sainthood and adulation.

Although Relestia does not understand the meaning behind her new title, she could feel their idolisation and twirled her hair bashfully.

The merchant came over shortly. He had been sitting alone worrying for his children. The bright song had enliven his spirits and he give Relestia generous praises, making the girl blush harder.

The merchant is completely unaware of the evil that passed, and no one will ever tell him. What happened under the devil's dark influence was gone like a bad dream. Kairos had made sure that nothing was left, even the splattered blood on the ground.

A little while later, Leo Stout and Linda Stout arrived with two carriages.

The front carriage is Leo's, a sensible iron wrought wagon that can carry many goods. The latter carriage, on the other hand, was a strange brougham with doors flapping – as if the locking latch had spoiled.

A loud trumpeting accompanied the brougham, making their presence unmissable.

Leo gave Kairos an exasperated look and a long sigh.

Unable to put down his worries, he had left Linda alone and followed after Kairos into battle but his speed was dismal compared to the Lightning Flicker Body movement technique. By the time he arrived, the situation had already came under control. After all, it only took a second after Kairos let out his Aura.

He immediately turned back to fetch Linda but it still took some effort to bring the two carriages over.

Kairos' carriage was conveniently fitted with an automatic-follow function and things should've been easy. By now Leo already know that the shabby exterior is a disguise, it is in fact it is an exceptionally a pricey coach filled with all sorts of magical contraptions. Technically, the carriage is considered a type of Landau as the roof and windows can be retracted but Kairos never used this feature.

Unfortunately, Leo had a challenging time trying to pick the correct function he wanted and the carriage was stuck between converting coach and open-air barouche mode.

He finally got it to move, but the carriage doors are now malfunctioning and the trumpets blazing. The coach looked like a giant flapping chicken coming over.

"Who is this strange mister?" someone looked at Leo and whispered.

"Whoever he is, his taste seemed quite heavy."

Leo's face is fully red by the time he pulled over. The griffins are not helping, they are constantly giving Leo the evil eye eve while disguised as white horses.

If they didn't know he is a friend of their master, they would've eaten him.

When they settled down, especially after getting the raging flapping carriage under control, Kairos briefly told Leo up what transpired.

As a travelling merchant himself, Leo understand how dangerous it was. Furthermore, which trader had not seen the sleight of hand in their time?

While fighters harm each other with blade and violence, merchants are not less bloodthirsty; they simply do it another way – with glib and lies. Many times, a sure-fire moneymaking scheme is only another name for a death trap.

When Leo found out that they are still waiting for the burly man's family to arrive, he quickly pulled Kairos. The others had a knowing look in their eyes, but they remained silently.