Chapter 64: Avalon

Kairos had predicted that he will go missing if he activates any grand magic and garner the interest of the southern mage countries.

He left a few sachets and pouches containing contingency plans.

Following one of these messages, Tommy arrived at Avalon leading the Snowdrifts months ago.

At that time, Tommy had nervously returned home, not knowing what awaits him.

He knows that he could bring the army this close to Avalon precisely because of his father.

Tommy's identity and lineage had been checked since he invoked the promotion trial using the name Styrkur of Avalon.

Nevertheless, when the army reached the doorsteps of Avalon, Tommy did not expect his father to rush out miles to await him.

His mind had turned blank on seeing that lone figure on horseback at the horizon. His heart pounded frantically as he spurred his mount forward.

It had been so many years that he had forgotten. There is still someone at home waiting for him. He is not an orphan.

Even before Tommy reached his father, he jumped off his mount and ran forward.

Similarly, the man who looked like an older, larger, wizened version of himself did the same and held his arms out.

Their embrace was straightforward and honest.

Neither had expected that the first meeting after so many years would pass speechlessly.

Both had imagined innumerous conversations and questions to be said during the reunion, but nothing could match the physical contact that proved that everything is real.

Droplets of hot tears fell onto his cheeks silently.

Some of it his own, some fell onto his face.

A second, trembling, embrace gripped him from behind, took him unaware. The person nestled against his back felt much smaller than his father, but the warmth was no less.

The silhouette he saw wasn't a lone figure, but two people longingly together for their child.

"Welcome home, son."

At the end only three words summarised all the years of love and concern.

Both parents have plenty of questions for him. Where had he been all these years? How had he lived alone?

When they sat down as a family, Tommy realised how frail his mother had become.

Asdis Styrkur, a woman of great beauty yet in her late thirties, his mother already looked like she is in her fifties.

The tight grasp on her cloak, her pale complexion, and constant shivering caused his heart to wrench.

Losing her son had worn her down over the decade.

The northerners belong to five main tribes that are rich in culture, consisting of the Aesir tribe, Vanir tribe, Devas tribe, Asura tribe, and the Shakya tribe.

His mother is a pure-blooded Aesir, and the race most resilient against the cold. Yet she shivers at the slightest wind.

Tommy carefully looked at his father, Sidd Styrkur.

The man had fared no better, the haggardness on his face had set into his skin as deep wrinkles. Tommy's eyes became moist uncontrollably.

His father is the Knight of the Lake, the best warrior Logres had to offer!

Moreover, Tommy knows he had the lineage of Shakyamuni, a Sramana, from his father.

Sramana are a people who devote themselves to toils and labours, seeking enlightenment through extreme exertion.