Chapter 30: Unveiling Ancient Secrets

Kairos was steeped in deep research for the next three days without sleeping. For a cultivator, even a wounded one that have no Ki left in his body, this barely made him tired. In the end, what is considered critical condition to Kairos would be called energetic on a regular person.

During this time, he will only leave the study to seek guidance with the masters, as well as return to the inn during lunch and dinner to stay with his friends.

For the first two days, Kairos simply walked out of the house after greeting Master Edgar.

However, on the third day, the other students started noticing the pattern. For students, they may only exit to run errands for the master. At first, they thought Kairos had been tasked to purchase special materials, especially when they heard he is working on a special project with Master Edgar and his friends.

However, his timing was too regular before lunch and dinner each day, and he quickly became suspicious.

His seniors quickly grouped up and asked Kairos on why he is leaving. Everyone was jealous.

Glittersprout and the rest contributed a lot to this. Despite their group were kicked out from this place, they were not abdicated by their master, and thus they were waiting until Edgar's temper simmered down and let them return.

In the meantime, the nine seniors camped outside the house, waiting for an opportunity to return. Whenever a student came out to buy the daily supplies, they will bombard the person with questions. Of course, they will specifically ask about Kairos as well and fan the flames.

After days, things devolved to the situation where Kairos found himself surrounded by many unhappy dwarves.

On the side, the only elf in this place took one look at the commotion and went back to work.

Soon, the only sound in this place is her hammering. The elf's fixation on improving her craft is legendary. Kairos privately looked over to her with a deep respect about how passionate she is for blacksmithing.

In that glace, he saw for the first time how this senior disciple forges her blades. Her arms had been enlarged nearly three times the normal size with magic.

Kairos could tell that it is an expert level spell, but it is barely helping her mould the tough ore.

An elf's physical strength, even after it had been boosted, is still beneath the power the dwarves wield their hammers with.

Without the necessary strength needed to hammer out the impurities, she had to resort to a compounding technique.

In fact, it is very similar to the Sixty-four Fiend Slayer Strikes – the metal refining technique Kairos had learnt - despite it being obviously created by the elf.

To be able to create such an advanced skill by herself without anyone's guidance, she is truly a genius.

When Kairos looked at her, he could even see master Siegfried's image slightly overlap her movement.

Kairos turned his head back towards the students surrounding him.

"Why are you leaving every time at lunch and dinner?"

"You're just heading home to rest aren't you?"

"That's unfair! All of us left home to focus on blacksmithing, why can you leave as you like?"

The other students are still complaining, and after a moment of silence, Kairos spoke up, "I'm going out to make lunch and dinner for my family..."

His seniors expectedly became railed up with his reply and became even more agitated than before... until he added, "And I have permission from Master Edgar because I need to spend some time everyday looking after my brews."