Beginning of the Truth - Chapter 1

I have fixed some errors after reading again before posting next chapter. Sorry for inconvenience. ENJOY!

I (Harriet Lillian Potter) have just returned to my so called 'family' after finishing my fifth year at Hogwarts, believing that my Godfather Sirius to be dead and my so called friends telling me to just try and relax this summer knowing full well my 'family' wouldn't allow that to happen.

Several weeks have passed, I am just finishing another day filled with a very long list of chores to only recieve another beating that renders me unconscious. I woke up to excruciating pain all over my body, one moment the pain is in my back then everywhere at once causing me to fall unconscious, again. I wake up to a taping noice, quickly trying to move to the noise so not to wake my Uncle Vernon, I find something heavy on my back. I'm shocked to find huge black and white colored wings on my back and for all the pain I had experienced earlier to be gone, including all the pain from the beating I received from my Uncle earlier that night. I make my way to the window to find an owl I don't recognize but I let them in. I discover the owl is from Gringotts and am shocked as to why Gringotts is sending me mail, but take the letter and give the owl some treats then watch the owl leave. I break from my shock to read the letter.

Dear Lady Potter, (What!)

It has come to Gringotts attention that you have come into your creature inheritance early. We require your presence to discuss your inheritance and your many vault discrepancies as were mentioned in your previous letters, along with some family matters of upmost importance.

This letter is a port key that will bring you directly to my office and will activate by the word 'Galleons'. Bring all your possessions because you shall not be returning to that location.

Radnok Gringotts Bank Manager/Potter Account Manager

I just stare at the letter that I have read three times just to be sure I have read it correctly. I grab my trunk from my pocket unshrink it put all my belongings in along with Hedwig's cage and reshrink it before placing it back in my pocket. While I am packing I keep wondering what other letters Radnok is talking about, what family matters and what vault discrepancies. I start to think maybe I can hide my wings before going to Gringotts, I don't know if it will work but I imagine my wings going into my back again, after a couple minutes my wings are gone and all that's left is a tattoo of my wings, black on top and white on bottom. I grab the Gringotts letter just as I hear a loud noice in hall, tell Hedwig to meet me at Gringotts and after a quick nuzzle she flys off, I close the window. Hear one of the locks fall to the floor, I say 'Galleons' and with a pop I'm gone. Moments later a angry Vernon Dursley opens the door to find the room empty letting out a very angry yell.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Mean while at Grimmauld Place a very angry Sirius is pacing wanting to know what is happening with Harriet, only to be told she is fine. Sirius sits in his room with Remus for a knock at the window to catch his attention. Remus is furious because they are keeping them both in the dark but he knows something is wrong. Sirius opens the window for the owl to come in and Remus closes the door placing silencing wards, alert wards incase someone approaches the room and locking charms. Sirius reads the letter  that he received from Gringotts.

Dear Lord Black,

It has come to Gringotts attention that there are multiple vault discrepancies that we require your presence to discuss along with several other family matters.

Bring Mr Remus Lupin with you when you come, dont forget to use a glamor for protection. I suggest locking down Grimmauld Place so nobody but you can give access from this moment forward, you will understand upon arrival. Get the ward book from your house elf and bring him along as well, after they have left the premises.