Leaving Atlanta - Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own the image above.

I told them I had to make a quick supply run but I'd be back in a hour. I grabbed my bag, climbed the building to the roof and appariated back to hospital for all the meds, surgical kits, needles, first-aid items, sheets, towels and blankets then went to Walmart and was very surprised at how much was still here. I grabbed all the snacks, cereal, canned vegetables/fruits, all other canned food, protein/breakfast bars, noodles, jar sauces, seasonings, box meals and other food. I also grab all the blankets, sheets, sleeping bags, pillows, towels and all the baby items even if I'm not sure as to why however, I just have a feeling we'll need them. I proceeded to grab all the clothes/undergarments for babies/children and adults including shoes/boots. Then popped back to the base grabbing all the clothes and shoes/boots along with all the backpacks. I appariate back onto the roof that I left from to find Darryl there waiting for me. We went back to the RV, woke the two soldiers and we left. We drove for six hours, found a out of the way spot to stop for the night and got some sleep after putting a Notice Me Not and Imperturbable Charms on the armored truck.

We slept for around five hours, had breakfast then kept driving until lunch. I checked on Uncle Reggie and Charlie while Darryl drove and they are doing alot better. After lunch I grab my bag went to kitchen table called Carl over, ask his sizes, grab hygiene items, towel and clothes to last a couple weeks told him put them in his bag except what he wants to wear today then show him the bathroom. Carol and Sophia are next, I ask sizes then give them hygiene products, towels and clothes for couple weeks. Told them about the shower and that Carl is currently using it. Called the Soldier boys over give them hygiene items, towels then ask their sizes and if they want military or civilian clothes, then hand them whatever clothes they chose with shoes/boots. Finally I did the same for Rick, Meryl and Darryl for their hygiene items, towel and clothes.

Then came the question I have been waiting for. Rick asks, "How is all that coming out of that small bag?" My response, "Magic!" I start pulling out food items from my bag, then told him to look in the bag, he sees nothing, I then pull more food items out.

I ask the soldiers their names, "William but I go by Billy, Robert but Bob is fine, Marcus but I prefer Mark and I'm Stephen but I like to be called Steve." I say, "Nice to finally meet you properly, I'm Harriet, this is the Dixon brothers, Darryl and Meryl, my friend Charlie, my Uncle Reggie, Rick, Carol, and their kids, Carl plus Sophia. Mark did you ever get through to your house. If not we can try calling real quick." Mark calls home, his mom was bitten but his younger brother and baby sister are in attic safe for the moment.

I look at my family, they just nod. I say, "Mark look at me! I want you to picture the kitchen in your head, ok can you do that. Do you have it, it has to be clear like your standing in your kitchen. Ok now you got that picture, hold onto my arm and don't let go now, when I count to three hold your breath. One, still got that picture; two, imagine being there and three." Pop we're gone. He opened his eyes, trying not to be sick, he looks around finally noticed we are in his kitchen. I say to him, "Don't yell". I grab my short swords we head to the attic. Find his mother dead on floor, I tell him get his siblings while I'll move his mother. As soon as he is up the ladder, I move her body outside then decapitate her, quickly bury her using magic. I don't want the kids to see her body. I go back inside help pack the kids bags with clothes, diapers, bottles with formula and a couple pictures. I hold the baby and he holds his brother and the bags, I grab his arm tell them to hold their breath and we popped back to the RV, quickly move them inside. Everyone has showered, changed and eaten.

Uncle Reggie takes the baby girl nods at Darryl who grabs my arm as I faint. Darryl scopes me up placing on the bed that Uncle Reggie and Charlie were using. Uncle Reggie hands the baby to Carol, makes cereal for the little boy and Charlie makes a bottle for the baby. While Charlie is making a bottle, Carol changes the babies diaper then feeds her the bottle once it's handed to her. Reggie asks Charlie to check on me, finding that I've nearly exhausted my core and lets me sleep. Reggie tells Mark go shower, while his brother eats.