Ministry Clean Out - Chapter 18

So we have been at Hogwarts for a week now, Headmistress McGonagall has ensured everyone goes outside for at least an hour daily. We provided copies of books we picked up in America that had been banned here in Great Britain. Classes will be offered for those who wished to attend. Several classes like: Alchemy, Spell Creation, Warding, Cursebreaker, Healing, Politics and Wand Lore and Creation just to name a few.

Students will be allowed to visit Hogsmead in small groups a little at a time starting in about a month, this time provides residents of Hogsmead the time needed to return home from Hogwarts and settle back into their homes and businesses.

The Potter, Peverell and Black family elves have quite a few strong young elves that have already wented through training to help were they are needed, whether it's at Hogwarts, Hogsmead or else where. Small groups of House elves and several people from Harriets group have started making trips to multiple Magical suppliers to check for survivors, food, clothing, school supplies, everyday supplies, animal feed, etcetera. The majority of the groups have come back with supplies and good news of survivors but not all have good news. Several locations were completely empty of people, however, the supplies remained in stasis and no walkers were found, even if no survivors were found it was still some good news.

Areas that had walkers were cleared out and wards were activated and added on to. While survivors were looked for only some were found. Those survivors found were asked if they wanted to come back to Hogwarts but everyone had refused not wanting the leave their family property or business, so we assisted them in what ever way we could and setup a way to contact Hogwarts if they needed help, even offered an elf for assistance. Some accepted an elf while others didn't. After all the suppliers were reached out to, all groups returned to Hogwarts.

Upon returning to Hogwarts everyone learned Albus Dumbledore had passed in his sleep, a funeral was given in a far back plot of Hogwarts that had been turned into a graveyard since the outbreak had began.

We started talking about visiting both the Ministry and St Mungos soon to determine their status. We decided to visit St Mungos first thing in the morning. Come morning after breakfast we flooed into St Mungos ready for anything. We weren't expecting what we found, everything was still running normally as far as we could tell.

Harriet asked for the person in charge and we waited, the head healer told us that they lost a lot of people during the outbreak. Once someone had died they were immediately sent to be cremated to prevent an out break in the hospital. They learned their lesson the hard way, after the first couple cases. Neville asked about his parents to find them still alive, thankfully.

We gave them books on healing from America in hopes they maybe of use. One nurse saw one of the titles and started yelling about them being illegal here. I (Harriet) turned to her and said, "Over 95 percent of the World's population has been turned into walkers, I couldn't care less about what was once illegal if it helps us survive NOW! If you don't want to use these methods asks someone else who does, we are trying to save as many lives as possible. Plus we don't know the status of the Ministry yet and will more than likely have to start over. I do know Hogsmead and all the Alleys are safe because we cleared them out already. Hogwarts was turned into a safe zone for Hogsmead when it became infected.

Neville go see your parents, we will move them to Peverell Castle for further treatment. We have a couple of healers that have been studying those books for awhile now. Do you want the books, if not I'll take them back, they maybe just copies but Hogwarts is going to start Healer classes, I'll give these copies to Headmistress McGonagall for use. Oh, just to let you know both Voldomort and Dumbledore have passed on. Well I killed Voldomort but Dumbledore passed in his sleep recently." They took the copies, needless to say. We got a list of items they needed, so we can possibly help. We left after an hour, but not before moving the Longbottoms to Peverell Castle for more advanced treatment.