New York Safe Zone - Chapter 14

We enter using the secret entrance, checking for people, finding and dismantling any traps missed, finding six graves out back and enter the house. I send a blast of magic destroying all traps. I disillusioned my automatic rifle, pulling out my hand gun and dagger. I find the two women, looking like they were left to die. I use Legilimency to find out what has been happening here. They left the women to die with no weapons, they took the bow and crossbow with them, so they had no way to defend themselves but the two guys in the towers. I put them to sleep then put them in the RV. We checked the rest of the house finding absolutely nothing; no food, water, clothes, sleeping bags gone and no firewood.

I pull out my staff, clean and fix the house, restore the grounds to original state but keep the watch towers. Improving the wall, towers and gate. Second driveway is completely gone, made first driveway harder to find, if you don't know what your looking for you won't find it. We went back to the vehicles and drove back to town. We decided to wait for the murdering bastards. Remus and Draco helped me try stabilizing the two women but it's not looking good.

We are waiting for the murdering bastards to come back, we placed spike stripes and disillusioned them, we also placed Intruder charms at both entrances of town. While waiting we tried helping the women but they were to far gone and died peacefully while they slept. We moved all the graves to the town cemetery and buried them properly in caskets, next to one another.

As we made it back to the diner the Intruder Charm went off from the south end of town, the same way they had left. So we waited, in three, two, one and pop went all four tires with a crash into the post office. We pulled four males from the car. I say, "Well, well looks like you picked up more males since we left. How fortunate but what are you going to eat, there is no food at the base, my garden has been destroyed, so no food or water. What have you been doing to our base while we were gone? We allowed you to stay but not to destroy our home. Where are the rest of your group, the two kids and eight women? You took my weapons, but didn't get any food?"

"Do you remember how to get back to camp by yourselves, you can stay in town since we cleared it but we are going to continue on to the next area, bye." We left but made the base including the surrounding wooded area disillusioned so they could never find it, we also set off a Weasley noise maker just outside town.

%%%%%Time Skip%%%%%

As the years go on our group continues to clear out areas all across the country. We continue to find survivors, some we bring home to Montana and some we bring to Fenn, Idaho. The kids have been growing up healthy and happy, helping with whatever they can, getting an education from Narissa, Remus, Sirius, and a couple of the soldiers also learning how to defend themselves using everything they learn like their family. We haven't lost any of the original group, thank Circe.

We have reached New York and have arrived at the Magical community. We begin to clear out each building but we're not finding any walkers and it's a bit disconcerting. We arrive at the Ministry, it's the same way as the rest of the community. It's almost like a ghost town and then we hear a pop, so we go investigate.

I found the Minister and say, "Excuse me, what happened here it's a ghost town. Who cleared out the city?" He quickly stands up saying, "I took your warning to heart, evacuated everyone to a secure compound, started training with bladed weapons since magic was only doing so much. After awhile we sent teams checking for survivors and started clearing out walkers as we went. We haven't found alot of survivors most became walkers or starved to death when food ran out. The city is cleared out except for a couple smaller areas."

Sirius says, "We have been clearing out walkers across the country, got most but your right we didn't find alot of survivors either. We still have couple states left along East Coast to go but then we will need to move the survivors. Where do you want the survivors to go? They all know about magic and they don't care. We want to leave them somewhere safe, where they can hunt, grow a garden and continue to survive peacefully."