Chapter Fifty-Three

Red

I wake up, rubbing my eyes..

Sitting up, I look around the room for China and she's gone.

I hate waking up and not seeing her, that shit make my heart rate speed up for real..

"China!" I yell out as I stand up, stretching my body.

I walk out of my room and downstairs..

"You ain't hear me calling you?" I ask China as I sit at the island, watching her cook breakfast.

"No I didn't, what did you want?" China asks softly

"To make sure you were still here.." I tell her honestly.

She giggles.

"Red stop it" She speaks, waving me off.

"I'm dead ass" I tell her with a smile.

My baby so pretty.

"We should start planning our wedding now, ain't no price limit, whatever you want is yours" I tell her.

I want to make her Mrs Wright, Now!

"I don't want a big wedding, just us with some close family members and friends" China tells me.

"What ever you want baby just start planning it now" I tell her.

She smiles "Okay"

"Breakfast is done, I made us omelets" She tells me while walking over to the fridge.

She takes out the strawberry's and black berry's, putting a few of each on to two plates, next to the omelets.

"Thank you" I tell her as she sits my plate in-front of me.

"Of course" She reply's, grabbing the orange juice from the fridge and pouring me a cup.

The doorbell rings..

"I'll get it" China tells me before I could stand up.

She walks towards the front door..

China

Opening the front door, I come face to face with Brent..

He's wearing a short sleeve, black, button down Louis Vuitton shirt and Black jeans with some black Javi sneakers, Diamond jewelry on his neck and wrist and a silver hat on his head.

My eyes scan the visible marks on his arms from where he was shot..

"Is Red here?" Brent asks angrily, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Y-Yeah" I stutter under his angry gaze, moving aside for him to come in..

He walks into the house and I close the door behind him, locking it.

Walking into the living room I hear Red and Brent beginning to talk..

"Them niggas killed Larry man" Brent speaks with sadness and anger in his voice.

"How you know?" Red asks furring his eyebrows.

Brent grabs our tv remote from the couch, turning on the big flat screen Tv in the living room..

He turns to the news channel and the picture of some dark skin man with grey hair and missing teeth pops up on the screen.

"The body of 53 year old Larry Washington was-"

"Them niggas killed Larry man" Brent speaks again.

He turns the Tv off.

"Damn man" Red speaks, palming his face just as one of his phones begin to ring on the counter.