˗ˏˋ007 'ˎ˗

❦

-𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬𝐞𝐧-

I've never been one to chase for attention.
That could be because I've never had to share the spotlight with anyone. Not even Leah, the oldest of the household. While growing up, my parents did a pretty good job of making sure we were without the lack of attention.

It's never been spun on me nor has it been taken from me. so whenever a lengthy shiny black limo pulled up to my school and stoped right beside me, I didn't know how to bask in the large amount of attention I received from my peers.

Now, Naomi stands next to me eyeing the limo cautiously, dance bag in hand. "who the hell is that?"

Her attention filters over to me, I shrug, and my mind takes me to the only person I know who can even afford a limo. He's tall, tattoed, and too sexy for his own good.

It's irritating.

Interrupting my thoughts, the driver seat pops open, and out comes two leather-made dress shoes and a rather short man. His salt and pepper hair is not on the top of his head but placed on both sides of it.

He resembles Alfred from Batman but with less hair, and shorter legs.

With a cheerful smile, Alfred walks up to me and Dakota, "Good afternoon Ms. Allen."He nods his head. "My name is George and I  am here on request of Mr.Morettie, Oliver Morettie."

Morettie?

Does this man seriously go by two names?

Naomi nudges my side when she sees that I'm seized in shock.

My hand comes out fast, "Good afternoon Alf- I mean George." My smile comes out harsher than intended and I hope that I don't look like a psychopath.

Naomi chuckles then looks around Alfred's head, seemingly trying to check out the limo.

"So," I start "where exactly will you be taking me if I get into that limo? And how do I know Oliver sent you and not some crazed mafia enemy of his?"

Naomi hums in agreement, Alfred lets out one of those laughs old men let out when told something funny by someone who didn't intend to be funny. Aka me.

"Mr. Morettie said you were feisty."

"I'm just careful Alfred."

If he was confused at the nickname he sure didn't show it, instead, he smiles neatly. "Mr.Morettie warned me you'd ask this so he told me to tell you two things only he would know."