Sweet Relief

All of two minutes after she spoke to Jet, Olivia is speeding back towards the precinct. Elliot promised her no heroics, and she has a feeling that promise is about to be broken.

Jet wouldn't give her details over the phone, but she has a bad feeling Elliot and Ayanna are about to charge into the Besa boxing gym by themselves, and run straight into whatever trap the Albanians have set for them.

When she gets to the precinct she jogs up the stairs, taking them two at a time up to Jet's station. Jet silently passes her an ear piece and Olivia crosses her arms, watching the squad car speed towards the gym.

"We're five blocks out from Besa..." Elliot says, "Any idea what we're walking into?"

"I have Albi and Kosta entering an hour ago but nothing since. The place is eerily quiet." Jet says, shuffling floor plans behind camera footage on the surface streets around the boxing gym. Olivia bites her lip as she looks as the computer monitors. She cannot be the only one who has a bad feeling about this.

"Send additional units, we're going in." Ayanna says as their car comes to stop across the street from the gym.

They get out of the car and hear Elliot begin to yell, "What the hell are you doing--"

He's cut off by the sound of an explosion. Olivia's stomach sinks as they listen over their microphones, the only sounds coming through are car alarms and sirens, and the only voices are nearby dispatchers sending officers to their location.

"Elliot?" She says, the panic creeping into her voice as she does her best to hold it together, "Stabler! Can you hear me?"

"Sergeant? Are you guys okay?" Jet asks, much more calmly than Olivia had managed.

"Detective Stabler." She repeats, "Detective Stabler, do you copy?"

They listen for a moment, the other end of the line overwhelmed with sirens, but no voices.

Olivia puts a hand over her mouth to keep from crying as Jet asks again for someone to check in. Her worst fears are playing out right in front of her and she feels completely helpless. Her mind goes to the worst possible case scenario and she tries to calm herself, repeating over and over again in her head that he's fine. She did not just listen to him die. Any second now he's going to radio in.

"Elliot?" She asks again, her voice cracking.

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm good." He says finally, his breathing ragged. Olivia feels her whole body shudder as she breathes a sigh of relief. "They detonated something..." He says, out of breath, and coughing. He radios for more help and just as they're beginning to collect themselves, there's the distinct sound of a gunshot.

"Shooters on the roof!" He yells, his microphone crackling and cutting in and out as more shots ring out.

Olivia and Jet are both silent as more shots are fired. There's nothing they can do from the precinct except sit and wait. Logically Olivia knows they have help, but it's not enough. There's too much happening and there's no way enough people made it to the scene on time. If she thought she could get there in time, she would have been out the door the second the explosion went off.

Her heartbeat sits in her throat as they wait in total silence for the shooting to stop and someone to update them.

"I got him." Elliot's voice crackles over the radio.

Once again, relief floods her body at the sound of his voice, and as the adrenaline subsides the nausea that was settled int the pit of her stomach rises into her throat and she drops to her knees, throwing up into the trash can underneath Jet's desk. She wipes her mouth and picks up her head to see Jet staring at her, eyes wide, unsure of what to say. "Sorry about your trash can.." She says, her voice hoarse as she picks it up and takes it outside.