Carlos is back!? A festival shining redemption.

Today was Hashinto town's summer festival and everyone was excited. The girls finished their ring tossing game for the evening. "This is gonna be so wonderful." Kyoko happily said while placing the toys on different shelfs. "Yes. And everyone we know will come. Will Daya come Mukuro?" Aoi said and turned to Mukuro who was painting the sign. She shook her head.

"No. He's busy with training the other ninja. But I have someone special in mind who'll come." Kyoko and Aoi looked at eachother confused. "Who is it?" Kyoko asked and Mukuro just smiled. "You'll see. Anyway I think we're ready for this evening." They all looked at their game and smiled. "It's so beautiful-yi." Yinsy said. "Very much-ya." Yangso added.

Soon they walked home to get ready for the festival. Mukuro walked inside her house and saw Carlos doing push ups in the living room. "Hey Mukuro. You're gonna get ready for the festival?" He asked and stood up. "Yes. And you too." Mukuro answered and Carlos froze before shaking his head. "No way. Your friends might see me. They won't forgive me for what I did." He argued and Mukuro then glared at him with a serious glare.

"Ok that's enough! You can't just stay here forever. And you can't know that they're not gonna forgive you unless you hear it from them. The princess of the Kingdom of light knows that you're on our side, Daya and the other ninja know. So now it's time to tell the others! So you're going to the festival even if I have to drag you there." Carlos stood completely still from Mukuro's outburst before sighing. "Ok I go." He said and Mukuro smiled.

Later that evening had Kyoko and Aoi meet up at the festival. Kyoko had a pink kimono with red and white flowers on it, her hair was also in a bun. Aoi had a light blue kimono with purple and dark blue drops on it, her hair was made into two braids. "I wonder where Mukuro is." Aoi said and Kyoko looked around before smiling. "There she is." She pointed at Mukuro.

Mukuro had a dark green kimono with bright yellow stars on, her hair was swept back with star shaped hairpins. "Hey girls." She greeted. "So who's with you?" Kyoko asked and Mukuro looked back to see that Carlos was hiding by a booth. She signaled him to come over and he reluctantly walked. "He's right here." Mukuro answered and both the girls and fairies gasped when they saw Carlos.

"Carlos!" They said and as the fairies flew out of the girl's bags. "Don't panic. He's on our side." Mukuro said and the others looked at her confused. "You mean he's not evil anymore-yi?" Yinsy asked and Mukuro nodded. Yangso glared at Carlos. "I don't believe it one bit-ya." Aoi thought a little. "Well. The last time we saw him was when we got Kitty. Then Amane showed up." Kyoko just looked at Carlos, remembering when he ran away with her cat and was gonna hurt her.

"I know what I did is unforgivable. But Mukuro here helped me. After you defeated me I couldn't return. I would have been killed as punishment. The reason I worked for Calypso was because I felt bad compared to the other ninja. Atleast I felt seen there." Carlos said and the two girls felt a little remorse for him. "We're not gonna forgive you yet. Let's see how you'll do on the festival. But if you try something. We won't let you go." Kyoko said and Carlos nodded.

They soon walked around the festival and had some fun. Carlos still felt ashamed for what he did. Kyoko and the others kept an eye on him. Soon they arrived at the ring tossing game that the girls helped with. Carlos looked on as the girls tried the game and got small prices. Mukuro held up a ring to him. "Give it a try and have some fun." She said and Carlos took the ring and nodded.

His breath slowed down as he focused on a stuffed panda. Things went in slowmotion as he tossed the ring. It flew into the air and managed to hit the panda. The girls cheered as Carlos got the panda in his hand. He smiled big and looked around. His eyes then landed on a little girl who looked sadly at the panda. Carlos looked at it and kneeled down by the girl. "Here you go kid. A little present from me." He said and handed the panda to the girl.