Chapter 4

"One, two, three, and one two three, no no no, stop the music."

"It's one two three, not one two three four, get your steps together."

Alayna could hear her cousin Angelo snickering in the back. Apparently, she wasn't the only one that was in need of dancing lessons. Alayna tried to remain unbothered by him.

"And what do you think you are doing young man, come over here" the instructor gestured to Angelo.

Alayna smirked at the thought that just appeared in her head.

"You are so going to regret this" she whispered, making Angelo roll his eyes.

"Now again, music on one two and,"

"Ow, what the!"

"Whoops, sorry."

"Ow!"

And so their dancing lessons ended in a battle of who could trample the others' toes before the instructor caught on. Let's just say she was not very pleased about it.

"Come back when you learn some manners," The instructor shouted while banging the door in their faces.

"Does she not know that I am a prince, how dare she mock me."

"Oh, shut your mouth it's your fault that we got thrown out."

"You were the one trying to pulverize my feet!" Angelo exclaimed.

"Well, that's quite a bright idea. Also, this wasn't my fault. If you hadn't tried to provoke me we would not have to be here" She argued.

"Damn you-" he cursed.

"Are you two at it again," a voice interrupted their argument.

Both Alayna and Angelo snapped their heads toward the voice. It was Angelo's older brother Lorenzo. He was the eldest son of his majesty, and also the crown prince. The whole kingdom will be in his hands when he receives the crown after his father. The only thing Lorenzo and Angelo shared was their blood, hair color, and eyes, but that was all. Their personalities were so different from each other. Lorenzo was exceedingly mature and dependable which was the total opposite of his brother, Angelo.

"So what did you folks do this time?" Lorenzo asked.

"She was trying to paralyze me," Angelo exclaimed.

"I did no such thing, besides he was the one trying to aggravate me" Alayna defended.

Lorenzo shook his head, "Mother is going to be furious that both of you were thrown out of your first lesson."

"Well it's not our fault that the instructor is so short-tempered," Angelo stated.

Alayna scoffed, "sounds familiar don't you think so, Angelo?" she questioned which made her receive a glare from him.

"Both of you stop this immediately, you are like cat and mouse" Lorenzo demanded, "Angelo, you come with me, I hope you haven't forgotten your sword training?"

"And Alayna you will-"

Alayna cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "Uhm, I forgot that I have some matters to take care of. Well, it was a pleasure meeting you all... " Before she could run away Lorenzo took a hold of her shoulder.

"And where do you think you're going, young lady?" he asked.

"Um, to my chamber I have books to attend to"

"Oh, no no no, not this time, you ran away last time and locked yourself in your chamber, you can't trick me this time"

"But- but my books.." Alayna tried to slip out of of his hold.