Chapter 8

BLEIZ

Bleiz opened the worn out wooden door of the orphanage. It seriously had to be fixed, alongside the other broken things here. It's funny in a way. The royals had all the money and wealth to enjoy themselves, live and eat in the most luxurious way possible while there were people like him, living in the worst conditions on the verge edge, just trying to survive each day that passed. That's one of the reasons he hated the royals so much. As he entered, he quickly removed the mask and cape disguising him. Bleiz lived a double life in a sort of way. Outside of this orphanage he was an unknown troublemaker, fulfilling missions for others while here he could let his guard down and be himself, Bleiz. He was quickly met by Rowan running up to him.

"Hello Bleiz," the little boy said while tugging at Bleiz pants. Bleiz squatted down and greeted the little boy with a warm smile. This place was full of memories and everytime he was greeted by the kids living here he instantly remembered himself many years ago. It wasn't until four years ago he had moved out, so visiting this place brought back nostalgic memories and familiar scents, such as the smell of warm bread being baked.

Bleiz reached out his hand and carefully let little Rowan wrap his hand around Bleiz pinky and followed him inside the hall. The space at this place was limited, so everyone ate and slept in the same room. Bleiz let go of Rowan's hand and went to look for Adalie, the woman who'd taken care of this place and everyone in here.

Adalie had grown older and one could sense the exhaustion in her torn face. It hadn't been easy to keep this place alive and it wasn't just them. Others in this part of the city were suffering as well. As Bleiz was met by Adalie her eyes instantly lit up.

"Bleiz, you're back," Adalie shouted out in relief. She went up to him and embraced Bleiz in her arms just like a mother would. "With your type of work, I never know if you're ever coming back, until you're actually standing in front of me." Bleiz let out a little chuckle before both of them let go and sat down at the table nearby.

"So, what brought you here?" she asked.

"I'm here to deliver this," he said as he put the pouch of money on the wooden table.

"Oh, no you didn't have to, it's too much."

"Adalie, we have already been through this many times before."

"I know but it's too much really, thank you Bleiz."
"You don't have to thank me, you're the one to be thanked," he said as he received the motherly look in Adalie's eyes.

"So how have you been? I barely recognized you when you came in."
"I don't know, I hardly know myself either," he answered as he let out a big sigh. "The work itself I can handle, but the things that really put my life at risk are the actions caused by other civilians," he said in recognition. Adalie walked over to his side, patted his shoulder before moving to hide the pouch of money.

Bleiz continued talking as she was moving around.
"Just the other day I was being chased by a couple of men because I happened to poison one of their bosses' drinks at a bar. And as I started running, I knew I had good chances of making them lose sight of me, but then I accidentaly crashed into some girl. Instead of letting me go she started making a big fuss out of the whole situation. She wouldn't let go of my arm unless I apologized," Bleiz told Adalie in an upset tone.

"Oh Bleiz, the girl probably had a rough day and you running into her probably made her explode." Adalie implied,
"You know how everyone's having a hard time right now."
Adalie was right. Times were not easy, but Bleiz didn't admit any of that. Instead he turned quiet.

In order to keep this orphanage and protect the orphans, Bleiz had to make earnings. The only possible way was to fulfill missions ordered from other people. He knew what he did. He hurt others, it was a part of his job and it was a part of him. Being understanding and apologetic wouldn't ever take the ones he loved out of this miserable life. Bleiz knew what he wanted and was determined to do anything for himself and those he cared about. Others did not matter. That's what he had been taught.