Chapter 14

She took a step towards the boutique making sure to read the sign before entering. While the shop bell signaled her arrival Alayna was greeted with pure silence. The shop had not closed, yet here she was standing alone in the dark. As she looked around no lights were on, it was dark only allowing the moonlight to peek through, enough to make her see her own steps. It didn't feel right to stay when the owner wasn't there. As she backed away something suddenly lit up above her head. Alayna looked up to find the source of light. It was a chandelier that glimmered and lit up the room with its warm light, almost like magic. As she continued observing her surroundings she was appalled at how big the shop actually was. She hadn't realized it earlier but now that she could take a good look at it, it beheld the form of a home rather than a shop.

"I see you have finally decided to visit" Alyna  jumped at the sound and quickly whirled around in the direction of the voice. There in one corner of the shop, the old lady sat on a swinging chair with both arms resting on the arm rest.

'Was she already sitting there before I entered the shop?' Alayna thought to herself.

"There there, no need to be startled, take a seat? '' The old woman gestured for the chair in front of her. As strange as it felt, Alayna proceeded to seat herself. The old woman poured herself a cup of tea before asking Alayna for one for which she declined. She waited for her to make herself comfortable as she was trying to decide on how to approach the conversation. 

"How may I assist you?" The old lady said, choosing to initiate. 

"Yes well this may come out strange but I am in need of your help since you are the only source I could think of that maybe has the answers I seek" Alayna quickly blurted out.

"I see, well a few questions won't hurt. However-"

"Yes," Alayna stated, urging her on.

"I need you to know that I will have some regulations on my part" she declared, " you will only be capable of asking me three questions regarding your matter and I will only answer three of them. So choose wisely"

"Why?"

"Is that really what your first question is going to be? Very well-"

"No, it is not!" she quickly cut her off, "I- wait, just let me think about it."

"Of course," The old lady replied, taking a sip from her cup as she watched her."If you take out the book you are carrying with you I think it will be easier to address the situation?"

"H-How did you, never mind that," upon taking out the book the astonishment never left Alayna's face.

"Do you want me to take it back? Unfortunately it is not possib-" Alayna cut her off, "I'm not here to return it, You already warned me that it was empty and I still bought it." Both of them went silent, allowing the ticking of a clock to sound.

"Go on" The old lady urged on.

"How did you get your hands on this book?"

"It was gift from a very dear friend of mine"

"If it was a gift why did you give it away?"

"I have already used it in all ways possible, giving it to someone else would have been the finest option left."

"I understand. However you said that you have already used it in all its might but it is only an empty book how would one be able to use it"

"You see this book is a special one I'm sure you have already noticed" Alayna had indeed noticed since she had a very similar one at home. No title, no author and no content, only the beautiful cover and the blank pages.