ʷᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ

Sᴏɴɢ: Cɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴ ɢɪʀʟ, Lᴀɴᴀ ᴅᴇʟ ʀᴇʏ

꧁ ༆ ꧂

𝑌/𝑁,𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉:

Shock is written all over Neteyam's face after he takes in what I just said.

"Y/N, I don't want you to have to mate with me if you're not ready. Only if you love me and not just to rebel." he explains to me, "We're young," he reminds, standing up which I copy, making us face to face.

"I want to, I can't imagine a future with anyone but you," I tell him, taking a hold of his hand, "I understand if you don't want to yet though or if you don't forgive me." I rub the back of my neck embarrassed.

"I forgave you the moment I found out you loved me, my Y/N," he tells me, making a smile form on my face as I embrace him in a hug. "I missed you, my Neyam," I whisper into his hair. "It's only been a day," he laughs at me, "but I've missed you too," he admits as we pull away from the hug.

"I want to be with you Y/N," he tells me as I walk over to the chiming crystals playing a beat as I drum my fingers. "But are you really ready to betray Aonung and his family like this?" he questions me and I sigh.

"If I betray you, I betray myself," I tell him. "If I betray him, I betray the people, the people are very precious to me," "More precious than me?" he asks worried and I smile, "No not more precious than you," I tell him which his eyes soften at.

"I see you, my Neyam. I want to spend the rest of my life besides you. I want to be mated before Eywa, I want to be yours," I fully admit to the stunned boy who cannot hold in the warm smile on his face, "I see you, my Y/N. I'm ready, I'm ready to be yours and have you as my mate for eternity," he answers.

"This is it than," I say as we sit down face to face. "This is mating for life," I remind him, "If anything were to happen to one of us, the other would be left lonely," "Nothing will happen, we'll swear to protect each other," he tells me.

"Promise?"

"I promise,"

꧁ ༆ ꧂

I pull my braid from behind my back and he follows me doing the same. As we hold the ends of them close together the tendrils begin to move, craving to join together.

Finally we connect, both of us close our eyes as a warm sensation flows through our bodies. "My Neyam," I breathe out.

A flash of his memories go through my head and I see him growing up, fighting and laughing.

As I open my eyes, Neteyam is before me opening his own. I press my nose and forehead against his.

"It is done, my Y/N. At last, we are one,"

I wrap my arms around his neck and  his hands grip onto both sides of my waist as we finally kiss for the first time in what feels like too long.

His hands snake from my waist to under my thighs as he lifts me to straddle his lap.

He places soft kisses down my neck, each one he takes time to do. I cup his face with both hands as he continues this gesture.

He hides his head in my neck and I feel his warm fast paced breath against me.

Rain falls from outside in the cold night and I shiver until he wraps his arms around me. "No more secrets," he says. "I want to know everything about you,"

We lie on the cold floor using only each other's body heat for warmth. I tell him about how I grew up and my parents. He listens with interest at every part and makes sure to bother me with loads of questions.

He tells me about himself. He speaks of the forest and his own clan. He tells me about how his parents fell in love and I laugh at the irony.

We talk until eclipse falls and my eyelashes start to feel heavy. "What will we tell everyone tomorrow?" I ask looking up to his eyes from his chest. "The truth, no lying remember?" he reminds me and I nod.

"They'll worry if we don't come home," I tell him and he shrugs, "We'll apologize tomorrow, let's enjoy this night."

"It will be in our memories forever,"

꧁ ༆ ꧂
800 words
The End
A/N: Short ass chapter but you get what you get yk 😍 Also I'm not a freaky gal so this was extremely embarrassing to write and do not bully me bc i'm ashamed as it is. Hope y'all like it and u next chapter which should be out Tuesday? Anyways pls vote comment and follow for updates! Byeee