Chapter 5

Attatched: Taylor Momsen as Lily Jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arabelle's POV

 "Arabelle, your friend is here. She's in your room," I hear my mom say tensely as I enter my home. Ah, so Lily is here. Mom and Dad have never been much of a fan of Lily, they probably think that she 'turned' me against them. They're wrong, but I don't bother correcting them. That would involve too much conversation. I nod my thanks to her before jogging up the stairs to my room.

When I enter my room, I find Lily lounging on my bed flipping through my sketch book. I roll my eyes.

"Having fun invading my privacy?" I drawl. Lily yelps in surprise, falling off my bed in the process. I laugh as she scowls at me from the floor.

"So not cool, Lock! What if I hurt my precious face on the floor?" she gasps jokingly, feeling her face in mock horror.

"Oh sweetie, you couldn't be more ugly even if your tried," I tease. She sticks her tongue out at me playfully as she picks herself up off of the floor.

"Puh-lease, I'm gorgeous as you know it!" she claims, striking a diva pose. I chuckle, but don't argue further. We both know that she's very pretty.

"Who's this?" she asks curiously, taking a few steps towards the painting of Marissa on my wall. Her fingers skim lightly over the foot by foot painted picture.

"Oh, she's just this new girl in school. Her name is Marissa Oliver," I explain, waving dismissively at the subject. I jump onto my bed, cross my legs, lean my elbow on my knee and prop my chin on the heel of my hand. Lily sends me a mischievous smirk.

"Sooomeone has a cruuush," she teases in a singsong voice. I glare at her defensively.

"I do not have a crush on her. I painted that when I was drunk," I say tightly. Lily's grin widens.

"Seriously? Oh my god, you must be in luuurv with this girl. Drunk Arabelle never lies," she proclaims with a serious nod. I roll my eyes again. Lily always says that when I'm drunk, I'm much more emotionally honest and reactive.

"Whatever you say, Lily," I sigh. Bunny crawls out from under my bed, looking around to see what all the commotion was about.

"Meeewww," he complains. Lily throws her arms up in excitement.

"BUNNY! I HAVE MISSED YOU, MY LOVE!" she yells. Scooping Bunny into her arms, she nuzzles the cat's soft white fur with her nose while Bunny purs loudly. I sweat that cat loves her more than me.

"Where have you been for the past couple days, anyway?" I ask. Lily leaps onto my bed with Bunny in her arms.

"I went on a short road trip with my brother and a couple of his friends to Vegas. It was sweet. Plus I hooked up with a couple of hot showgirls," she says with a devilish grin. I roll my eyes.

"Typical Lily."

"You're just jealous!" she says, swatting at my arm with a smirk. "Unless you got all hot and steamy with your crush?" she adds, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I scowl and swat her back. I turn my face away slightly, trying to hide the small stupid blush creeping it's way onto my cheeks. The truth of the matter is, I really am attracted to Marissa; both her appearance and her personality. It's a strange feeling, something I'm not used to. But I'll get over it though, eventually.

"She's straight, Lily." Classic case of wanting something that I can't have. Wanting to taint something pure.

"Not for long. I give the two of you.... a week and a half, and you'll be humping like bunnies!" Bunny looks up questioningly when he hears his name.