Chapter 6

Lily Jackson's POV

I smirk as Arabelle's girl hauls off her hot bitch of a friend. If Charlotte was into girls, I would totally jump her bones. Actually, I might try anyway. There are plenty of closeted or oblivious lgbt girls in the world, and Charlotte could be one of them.

"Lily, what have I told you about hitting on every cute girl that catches your eye," Arabelle sighs. I ruffle her hair affectionately.

"Sorry Bell, but you simply can not tame this," I respond, motioning towards myself with a dramatic gesture while wiggling my eyebrows. Arabelle rolls her eyes with a slight grin.

"You can't just assume that every girl you meet is going to be okay with you hitting on them. Some straight girls have a major stick up their ass about being hit on by other girls," she says pointedly. I leap forward, planting a big kiss on her smooth pale cheek.

"That's way I have YOU, baby!" I gush. She laughs at this, rolling her eyes again.

I kiss her cheek all the time, but never her lips. Not that I haven't tried. Unfortunately, she doesn't like it when anyone tries to kiss her on the lips. Actually, she doesn't like it when anyone tries to touch or kiss her intimately or passionately at all. I've tried to ask her about why that is, but she always finds a way to worm out of the topic. Even Drunk Arabelle refuses to fess up! The only reason she lets me kiss her on the cheek is because we've been best friends for years, and we've grown close. I just wish she would confide in me more.

But enough of that mysterious depressing shit! I'm hungry as FUCK!

"Arrraaaabbbeellle, I'm still hungry!" I whine as she stands up and brushes the grass off of her cute butt. 

"How can you still be hungry?!? You literally just ate two sandwiches!" She exclaims disbelievingly. I huff in aggravation, standing up beside her.

"Come on Arabelle, can we skip the rest of school today? I've had my daily dose of education, now I need my daily dose of pizza!" I insist. She thinks for a moment, biting her lip as she thinks. I stare at her incredulously.

"Is the infamous ARABELLE LOCK actually considering DECLINING an invitation to skip school?!?" I marvel. She shrugs with a meek grin.

"It's just... um, I have chemistry this hour, and uh... I think we're doing a lab today, and the teacher isn't half bad, and..." she drifts off. Okay, I'm confused now... Wait! I smile widely.

"Does Miss Bell happen to have chemistry class with a certain Miss Hot Stuff?" I ask in an exaggerated British accent, stroking my invisible goatee.

A blush makes it's way across Arabelle's face as she scowls. Usually her scowls look menacing, but with a rosy blush, it's actually rather adorable. Arabelle almost never blushes, so I knew I had my answer. I grin triumphantly.

"Dear god Arabelle, you're like balls deep in love with her!" I cackle. Her gray eyes grow wide at my comment, turning her face away from me as her blush intensifies.

"Shut up Lily, I am not! When was the last time I've ever been romantically interested in someone?"

She had a point there... not once has she had a 'crush' on someone. Sure, she's messed around with some people, but that's never meant much to her. Which actually made the fact that she's finally developed a crush on someone that much more... well, cute. But also dangerous. I know that inside of her hard exterior, Arabelle could be fragile. If she starts feeling genuine emotion for Marissa and Marissa rejects her, I'm nervous about what Bell's reaction would be.

Instead of pushing the subject, I opt for ruffling her hair again instead, sticking my tongue out at her when she tries to bite my hands but misses. I grab her hand in mine, tugging her along with me away from school.