Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning with severe pain all over my body especially my head and my stomach. I groaned and started massaging my forehead delicately. The images of last night became clearer in my mind. The dinner with James and Geoffrey, the wine then Christian carrying me up the stairs and the worst of all, the throwing up of the entire contents of James ' s precious wine and Christian cleaning up.
I let out a loud groan and buried my face in my pillows. Some images were blurry but I definitely remember the cologne of Christian all over her bed while a hand was tapping my back and humming me to sleep.
Also the words " I'm not very pleased with you right now " Oh shit. And something like " I love you " ?
I groaned louder and pulled my hair as I sat up carefully.
I was in my undergarments. I threw back the covers and stood up watching my appearance in the mirror. Messy hair, dark circles, swollen lips. I grabbed my belly as I felt something turning in my stomach but just then the door opened and Christian came in view. He looked glorious in his perfectly cut grey suit. He was already dressed for work and here I was dressed in -- realisation hit me.
I screamed and quickly jumped on the bed and tucked the sheets around.
" you don't have to act so outraged. Actually you don't have the right to after you tried to undress me and begged me to make mad love to you. No matter how tempting you were but seriously I barely got out of here with my dignity intact. " I felt my cheeks on flames.
His eyebrows were raised and I could clearly see by his expression that he was not amused by last night's events.
" I got a little bit drunk ... " I tried to explain but was cut when he came closer.
" A little bit drunk ? You were wasted ! I had to carry you out of your friend's house. "
I winced at the sharpness of his voice. Was he seriously scolding me?
" ...okay? And look at me when I'm talking to you. "
I forced my head up and tried to look as if I was listening to him. Damn my head hurt.
" We are invited at my parent's place tomorrow, I hope you'll be more in control of yourself and be considerate as my wife. "
he look down at me. Why is he so tall? I can't even look at him with that headache.
" okay ? " Oh. He was actually waiting for a reply.
I nodded as I feel the nausea mounting up.
He shook his head and headed to the door. As soon as he left, I collapse back on the bed.
" And Faith? " My head shoot up and met Christian's gaze.
" ye-eah "
" I really appreciate your effort for seducing me last night but just so you know, when we make love you're going to be stone - cold sober and very willing. And I promise you will remember every single moment of it "
With that he strode out. I looked at the ceiling and thought about my uncontrollably move to my husband last night. A fear crept me. The feelings are fighting to come out and it's starting to show.
There's no way a man like Christian would want a wife like me. He only did it for the sake of money. We've been married for nearly 6 months now and everytime I go to a party with him, I feel self conscious around the other women he knows. He probably thinks himself as a prisoner stucked with a wife he doesn't love and who is no matched compared to him.
I let out a sigh and finally decided to wake up.
I was currently in the kitchen, drinking black coffee. I feel a lot better after the long cold shower and the strong hot coffee. I heard a loud vibration following by my ringtone not so far away. It was from Christian's mother.
" Hey mom " She insisted that I should call her Kelly in the beginning of our wedding. It was decided afterwards that I should call her mom to which she was very happy.
" Darling, how are you feeling ? "
" I'm feeling great mom and what about you ? "
" I'm fine my child. I was calling to see if you're free to go shopping today? I have to buy some groceries for tomorrow's dinner and a gift for Christian. I thought it would be a great idea to choose the gift together. "

Shit! I almost forgot it's Christian's birthday the day after tomorrow. And I haven't bought anything yet.
" Of course mom. I'll be ready in 30 minutes. Where do you want me to meet you ?
" Great. I'll pick you up if that's okay with you. "
" That would be perfect. See you in 30 minutes then. "
I hung up and finished my coffee. I was about to get up when my phone rang again. This time it was Christian. My heart started beating faster.
" With whom were you talking to? I've been trying to call you since the past 15 minutes and your phone was occupied everytime. "
I can already imagining him scowling over that poor phone.
" I was talking to your mom for gods sake! "
I rolled my eyes.
" Oh. Okay. How are you feeling? Any headache? "
" Yeah better. And I'm sorry for yesterday. I will put on my best behaviour so that you won't be ashamed of me anymore. " I said slowly.
" I'm not ashamed of you Faith. In the contrary I'm proud of you but not pleased with that act of yours yesterday. But I know it won't happen again and I trust you on that, okay? "
I smiled at his words. " Okay boss. I have to go shopping with your mom and she's coming to pick me up in 30 minutes so I can't talk to you and I'm sure you're very busy too. So I'll leave you. "
" Don't ever say you'll leave me again and I will never be busy for you. " His voice was cold now.
" Christian.. I didn't meant it this way. "
" I know. Sorry, we'll talk later then. "
I smiled again. Christian and his mood swings !
" okay then. Bye. "
" Wait.. keep your phone with you. I'll call you later. "
" Okay. Bye and this time I'm really hanging up! "
I heard him chuckle before I put the my phone aside. " Now let's get yourself dressed. " I said to myself, sighing happily.