Chapter 4

'' Cancel all my appointments for this week Jenny and I don't want anyone to disturb me for the next seven days no matter how important the matter is. '' 

Christian was outside talking on the phone. I let out a deep sigh, stopped playing with my fingers and get a hold of myself. but deep inside I know the panic will seize me once Christian will walk in. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and touched the fabric of my bridal dress. 

'' I don't like arguments Ms Kail and you know that very well. Do as you were told. '' I let out a loud sigh. Why is he always angry?

'' Let me help you get out of this.'' Christian's hand was already at the top of the back of my dress. How did he managed to come in without me noticing anything. I feel him touching my hair, I couldn't move.

'' You are so beautiful Faith. '' He whispered, his breath cruelly caressing the back of my neck. 
'' Hmm .. Than- thank y- you.'' Damn my stuttering.

'' You know I've been waiting for this moment since the first time I met you and when I saw you earlier in this dress, I knew this was the beginning of something amazing. '' He said in a low voice.

I felt Christian take the zip and slowly pull it down. I stopped breathing, his fingers were just above the bare skin of my buttocks. I felt Christian's soft lips on the upper part of my bare back. Burning all over, I closed my eyes.
'' So soft .. and all mine .. '' He said but this time there was something else in his voice .. Love? Lust?

'' Christian stop. '' I opened my eyes and slowly turned to face him. His eyes were dark and confused.

'' I can' ... '' 
'' Faith, I want you. '' He said quickly. Oh my goodness, I want you too. Wait what .. Who said that? Your inner voice, stupid. He wants you, you want him so what's the problem?

'' Christian I know you want this marriage to be a real one but the truth is it's not. This marriage is just another business deal for you and you seem to  be completely fine this but i'm not. I need time. ''

He kept on looking at me, his face expressionless. I waited for his response but he gave nothing away. 
'' I'm tired, I'm going to bed .. alone.'' I looked at him expecting some kind of reaction and suddenly he smiled. I glared at him, surprised. That was definately not the reaction I was expecting.

'' I would have been very surprised if you agreed with me. '' He said.
'' I know it's too much to take for you, three weeks ago you were living your life quietly in a town far away and now you're married to the world's most amazing man. '' He grins.

I looked at him, rolled my eyes. Unconsciously, I smiled at his words.

'' But .. '' He suddenly said. I looked back at him with eyes wide open.
'' But? ''
'' But we are sharing the same room Faith and i'm not taking any excuses for that. ''

'' But I snore which may disturb your sleep so I think you should sleep in your bedroom, don't worry i'll take any room. Christian you have so many free room, I'll just .. '' I paused to take a breath.

Christian was laughing. He was laughing .. at me?

'' Don't worry about me Faith, I'll live with your snoring. '' He was still laughing.
'' Why are you laughing? '' I eyed him.

'' It's you. You are so cute. ''
''Children are cute. I'm not a child Christian. '' 

'' Then stop acting like one. Stop with your excuses, but i was serious about you being cute. '' He grins amusingly.
'' How do you know you snore by the way. '' He asked.

Shit! I can't tell him James used to stay over at my place. He is not going to take it well. But James is so  gay, But Christian is never going to understand.

'' Well .. a friend of mine told me. ''
'' Who? '' Omg, he was serious.

'' Go, ask your investigators or secret agents - whatever you called them. You had me followed all these years so .. '' With that, i fled to the bathroom. 

Later, i entered the bedroom dressed in an oversized tshirt and loose pants. I checked if Christian was in the room, he was not. Maybe he realised I needed more space so he gave me the entire room for myself. I felt something rejoicing inside me. I stepped in the room, looked around in disbelief. 
'' Wow.. '' I was so engrossed in my thoughts earlier that I didn't notice that the room was beautiful. ( Picture )

'' What .. when.. okay send me all the informations .. ''
I heard Christian's voice. Obviously he is on the phone and  he will be in here once he finished his call, i let a sigh. Why can't my happiness lasts longer?

I heard his footsteps getting nearer, I quickly jumped on the bed and close my eyes. He opened the door and i felt him stopped near the door. 
What is he doing? Is he watching me or is he still on the phone?
He came closer and sat on the bed.

 '' I know you're not asleep Faith. '' shit! I didn't answer him.
He comes closer and trails his fingers on my cheeks. I shivered. He let out a loud chuckle and did something unusual. He kissed me on my cheek.

'' Goodnight Baby. ''