Chapter 2

Scientific Minds

You and Tech are sat around your scattered pieces of armor when you felt another pain shoot up your side. You whine and lay your head on the table.

"I do not believe you are okay (Y/n). It would make me feel much better if you go see Mistress Nala Se." Tech says with finality and you sigh as there's nothing you can do to fight him on this.

"Alright. I'll be back in a while." You say as you exit the room. You follow the familiar corridors of Tipoca City to the lab you spent most of your life in. On the way you bump into a clone by accident.

"Oh hey (Y/n)." He says and you take a closer look and realize you know him.

"Commander Garrett!" You say happily and give him a hug which he reciprocates. "How are the boys?" You ask him.

"They're doing alright. We're just ready to finally be out there in the action you know?" He asks and you nod slightly. You wince when another pain shoots up both of your sides this time. "Are you alright?" He asks worriedly.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine. Just some pain in my sides. Don't worry about it I'm going to see Mistress Nala Se about it." You tell him and he nods.

"Alright. You come tell me if it's anything serious. Say hello to Unit 99 for me." Garrett says and you nod.

"Only if you give my regards to the 75th for me." You tell him and he nods. "Bye Garrett!"

"Bye (Y/n)!" He calls back and as you walk away from him you shiver and look back at him. You brush off that feeling again and continue to the lab. It had been months since you felt that air of change. You shake yourself out of your thoughts when you see Nala Se. You catch up to her and stop when you reach her.

"Mistress Nala Se." You get her attention and she looks at you.

"Is something wrong (Y/n)?" She asks.

"Yes I've been dealing with pains running up and down my sides." You tell her and she hauls you into the lift to take you to her lab. The moment you sit on the table she's next to you with her scanner and datapad.

"Have you been experiencing an increase in appetite?" She asks.

"Yes." You say.

"Have you been experiencing these pains for an extended amount of time?" She asks.

"Yes. It started about a year ago, but it's been getting worse as time goes on." You tell her. She scans over you a second time and she chuckles.

"It is nothing to be afraid of. You are going through another growth spurt." She says and you look at her bewildered.

"But I thought standard clone height was 5 foot 11 inches. That's where I am now." You tell her and she shakes her head.

"You are a twin. Your brother is 6 foot 4 inches in height. Does it really seem so odd that you might be the same height, or atleast close to his height?" She asks and you shake your head.

"I guess not. Is that all it is?" You ask her and she nods.

"While you're here I would like to run a cranial scan to make sure this growth spurt is not effecting your brain wave activity." She says and you nod then lay back on the bed. You close your eyes and the flashing white light isn't as bad as it used to be. Time passes quicker than it used to and the bed is pulled out of the scanner. You sit up on the bed and she comes back in. "Your brain wave activity is at optimal levels, and you are free to go." Nala Se says and gestures to the door. You bow you head as you walk past her.