Chapter 3

Geonosis

   You were following 99 as he was headed to the mess to clean up a spill.

   "But 99 your back. You need help around here." You argued with him, but he just shook his head.

   "No (Y/n). I am exactly where I should be, and you are exactly where you should be." He said simply as he grabbed his mop bucket and a wet floor sign. You sighed as you continued to follow him into the mess. Your arm was grabbed, and you spun on whoever had a hold of you.

   "Sorry 99, I've been looking for (Y/n), and I need her to come with me." Cody told 99 who nodded.

   "Take her before she tries to stay here to help me." 99 said as he walked away to the spill. Cody pulled you behind him as he jogged through the halls. Alarms started to blare, and troops started to clutter the hallways.

   "Cody, what's going on?" You ask him.

   "We're being deployed to Geonosis." Cody says.

   "Alright, so why were you looking for me?" You ask him.

   "Because you're my Captain until Unit 99 is fully ready to deploy." Cody said.

   "To be a Captain, I would've had to of taken the Captains test. I've never taken that test, Commander." You told him, and he looked even more confused.

   "I could've sworn Mistress Nala Se said you took the test and passed with flying colors." Cody said, and you were even more confused than he was. He pushed a button on his com, and Nala Se answered.

   "Yes, Commander?" She asked.

   "(Y/n) says she's never taken the Captains test." Cody said.

   "She has. She did not know that's what the test was, though." She told him.

   "And she passed without studying for it?" Cody asked, surprised.

   "Yes. She even received the second highest grade, right behind CT-7567. Is that all Commander?" Nala Se asked.

   "Yes, ma'am." He said and disconnected the com. "So, as I was saying, until Unit 99 is ready to deploy, you're under my command." Cody said with finality.

   "As your Captain? But Hunter is a sergeant and my commanding officer." You argue back, and he shakes his head as he continues to lead you through the halls.

   "Incorrect. He is your sergeant, but you are his commanding officer." Cody corrected, and you groaned.

   "How am I going to explain this to him?" You ask Cody.

   "Well, you just say it, but for now, we have to be focused. Do you have all your gear?" Cody asked.

   "Yes, I've kept all my gear on me while I'm out and about since yesterday." You confirm to him.

   "Good, because we're here." Cody says, and the door opens. You follow Cody through the hangar to the Venator that's docked outside. "This is the cruiser Negotiator. You'll be stationed on it with me." Cody says, and you nod.