Chapter 5

Not Ready

"You have everything right?" Tech asked as you approached the hangar.

"Yes, Tech I have everything. Both my blasters, both of my knives, my tools, my datapad, and extra blacks." You said slightly annoyed.

"I just want to make sure. We don't know how long you'll be gone this time." Tech said. You look behind him at Wrecker who was trying his hardest to hold in his tears. The moment you stepped into the hangar you turned to Wrecker, and opened your arms for a hug.

"Come here, big guy." You say and he picks you up in a hug.

"Why don't we just take you back to the bunk, and say that you went?" Wrecker asks and you shake your head.

"I don't want to be court marshaled for deserting." You tell him and he sniffles and then puts you down. You turn to Hunter and he pulls you into a hug as well.

"Be careful out there, and for the love of the maker... Don't engage another Sith." Hunter says and you chuckle.

"No promises." You say and he deadpans as he looks at you. "I don't regret my actions, because two Generals are alive thanks to me." You turn to Crosshair who casts a quick glance around the hangar to see if anyone's looking. When he's satisfied that no one is looking he gives you a quick hug.

"I'll see you when you get back... Whether you're conscious or not." Crosshair says and you smile lightly at him.

"I'll see you when I get back Crossie." You say then smirk at him and he sends you a small glare. You stare at him for a second then finally work up the courage to look at Tech. The moments your eyes meet you both allow tears to streak down your cheeks. You both grip onto eachother and hold on tight. You bury your head in the nape of his neck, and he does the same to you.

"Please don't come back close to death again. Be safe, be careful." Tech whispers and you nod.

"I'll try Tech. But if it's between my life and my Generals you know the option I'll pick." You whisper and he nods.

"I know, but... You mean a lot to all of us, and I can't stand losing you." Tech said and released you from the hug.

"I know, but we know the risks as soldiers. I promise I'll try my hardest though." You say and turn to the ship. "Make sure you and the boys pass your exams, and I'll be back before you know it."

"I will." Tech said as he retreated to Hunters' side. You boarded the ship and turned to look out of the hatch as it started to close. The boys waved and you waved back. When the hatch closed you made your way deeper into the ship and found your escort.

"C-captain." You heard the familiar stutter and you smiled.

"James? I thought you were a pilot. How did you end up as my escort?" You asked him and he removed his helmet.

"I v-volunteered." He said happily. "P-plus whe-n I h-heard about y-your in-jury I've b-been w-worried."

"I'm okay. I promise." You say and he nods.

"You're a l-legend in th-the 212th n-now." James said and you smiled widely at him.

"You're stuttering less than you used to. I think a new name did wonders for you, James." You said and he nodded. "But I'm just like every other clone. I'm nothing special." You said and he rolled his eyes.