𝟗 || 𝑨𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

This part of the story uses elements specifically from the album The Black Parade and the song, Welcome to the Black Parade. I think you'll be okay, but if some parts are confusing it might help to know a thing or two about it.

Also... I'm going to give you a cry warning this time. I actually almost cried myself.

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

One Year Later...

A man, clad in an orange and black hero costume that was covered in ash, dust, and dirt make his way through the rows and columns of silver stones, all with names carved into them in a Times New Roman font.

His hands, which were active all day, hung to the side of his waist, also dirty and a bit tore up. However, he needed to be here, whether he was dying or fighting the worst villain in the world.

Today was the day he needed to be here.

His boots made quick work of getting towards the end of the eerie and dark-aura'd field, starting his walk down the next column. Yes, he was dawdling and wasting time, but either way, he hasn't been here in a while.

Also... What would he say?

What could he say?

Few times he's been here before, not more than 5, but he didn't have anything to say.

At least now... He thinks he does.

The blonde hero stops walking, crouching down to double-check the name printed on the smooth stone.

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

IZUKU MIDORIYA
17

A HERO FIGHTING A CAUSE MUCH GREATER THAN MOST HEROES COULD FATHOM BEARING.

20XX - 20XX

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

"Godammit..." The hero finally spoke, eyes shadowed by his spiky bangs. "Why can't I talk to you? All that time I took advantage of... Why couldn't you have stayed?"

By now, his sharp red eyes revealed pain and were wet with fresh tears. Ones he thought could never emotionally consume him.

"Deku... Why can't I be happy that you're safe? Why can't I be thankful you're better now?!?" He cried out, not caring who heard him at this point.

"One year and I still can't get it out of my head! It's like it's playing on loop and I can't stop it! Those stupid, shitty questions...!"

The blonde clutched the hem at the top of his costume, bending over with his head almost touching the grass as silent sobs escaped his lips.

"Time has really changed you, Kacchan."

Katsuki's head snapped up, and from the tree near the gravestone he was currently in front of, there he was.