the scams that bind us: Jodie x Scam (part 2)

(ok so I'm fully blaming my group chat for this cause oh boy am I sorry for this)

Scam and Jodie were the unlikely combo that no one expected to work so well. No one really knows how it happened and a few tried to question them but the response was always the same.
"Something doesn't have to make sense to be mesmerizing."

The two of them have been together for a few years now. They always seemed to be together, and they really did bring out the best in each other. Jodie had become the ruler of hell and Scam was like his right hand man, always by his side. It was a surprise to everyone that they never became sick of each other.

Scam was lying on Jodie's chest and, with his finger, was tracing the lines formed on his shirt. Jodie had his arm around Scam with a hand placed on his back. There was a comfortable and familiar silence that filled the room.

"So Jodie, I have something really important I need to tell you" Scam said. His tone was unusual for Scam, he almost sounded a little worried.

He sat up and Jodie followed so they could be face to face. Jodie put a hand on Scams cheek trying to comfort him a bit. "Is everything ok? You sound upset, did I do something wrong?" Jodie said trying not to sound panicked but still very obvious showing concern

Scam leaned his face into Jodie's hand. "Yeah I think everything's fine, I just don't know how you'll react and I couldn't figure out the best time to tell you, but I just need to get this off my chest!" He grabbed both of Jodie's hands and squeezed them tight in a nervous but comforting way.

"No matter what it is, I promise that I won't love you any less."

Hearing Jodie say that made Scam's heart skip a beat. "Ok but there's no easy way to say this, but," Scam took a deep breath "I'm pregnant!" He blurted out trying to just get it over with.

Jodie didn't know how to respond. His mind was going a million miles an hour. He pulled Scam into a tight hug. "You aren't messing with me right? Like this isn't a joke?"

Scam was caught off guard "yeah, it's real. No scams here." He said with a bit of a chuckle. "So you aren't mad?"

"Why would I be mad? I love you so much and now I get to raise a child with you. That's amazing news!" Jodie was crying tears of joy. His son Nickolas was basically an adult at this point so he was so excited to get to parent a child again. "So how long have you known?"

"Well I wasn't 100% sure but about 2 months. I wanted to be sure before I told you. I wasn't sure how you'd react." Scam was now hugging Jodie back. 

And in that moment everything felt perfect

*Fade to black*