XI. Confession

last chapter!

cw: homophobia (insult usage: fairy, poof, queer)

"Sisyphus?" Dad?

"This Layyy...err....art? Layart? Lart? Larties?" The thick, obviously drunken voice came through his phone.

Odysseus, still confused, stared into space as he tried to figure out what he was saying. "Laertes?" His last name.

"Right- redhead. You're the gay one, right? Sorry my phone has too many contacts named 'son'-"

"Yes, it's Odysseus," he said through seething teeth. He did not want to deal with a drunk idiot who was called 'dad' right now.

"Yeah, whatever, you met my son? The asshole?"

"Yeah, Glaucus,"

"Don't say his name," he sounded genuinely disgusted. "He's heading to your school- the smart kid place your moms sent you to. Heard something 'bout your boyfriend and-fuck- (Odysseus heard something crash) dunno kid you've got potential, don't let the guy bash your brains in- fuck you-

The call cut as something else fell in the background and Odysseus was left with an odd sensation of fear and annoyance mixed into one. He shoved his phone into his pocket and sighed. 

---

The quality of music through a phone in the middle of the empty football field wasn't as good as inside the gym hall but the group was having fun nonetheless. Even Hector, who managed to weasel his way out of his father's sight after Odysseus left was there.

Odysseus got a text a bit after Sisyphus' call that everyone had left when he did and was on the oval. When he arrived, some of the guys were ruining their formal shirts as they wrestled each other on the floor to fight for the deflated football they found under the bleachers and some of the others were sitting on the grass.

"Odysseus! You genius," Clytemnestra cheered, pulling him into a hug.

"Less genius, more stupid," Agamemnon frowned.

"I prefer desperate," Achillies corrected.

"Well, it worked," Penelope said, joining in the group's celebration of their win. 

"What's happening to Paris?" Odysseus asked.

Hector shrugged. "I think dad sent him home and they're going to investigate properly on Monday,"

"I can't believe that happened," Patrocles said, still in awe of how it all turned out.

"Still, Paris could still blab about our secrets," Helen said in a normal voice. She was there with a blanket and pyjamas, obviously having snuck out of her room.

"None of them was as bad as what he did," Patrocles pointed out. "And he'll still get in trouble. We might too, but it's better than him getting away Scot-free,"

"True. This is a win. And he won't do it in front of the whole school so we still have our reputations," Menelaus said, speaking for the first time in a while.

"I still can't believe you did that," Penelope said to Odysseus. "You're insane,"

"Yeah," Odysseus responded, staring at her. She remained her pale self, in the cold night, but her cheeks were tinted red from the excitement. He was reminded of...everything. "Yeah,"

He quickly remembered Glaucus. "Oh- did any of you guys speak to someone named Glaucus?"

"Who?"

Odysseus grimaced. "My half-brother,"