IV. Diomedes Tydeus Joins The Conspiracy

I thought up of an epic high-school au headcanon for Odysseus's parents. Obviously not accurate to the original Greek Myths. Oh well. I live. 

-

Odysseus lay flat on his back on his bed. He despised being grounded. He had only been grounded once before and it was when he was nine. Now he was a lot older, with a lot more responsibilities and he was mad at everything, most especially at himself.

He sat up quickly when he heard the front door open and a series of footsteps came into the house. His sister was home from school.

Containing a groan, he pulled himself to his desk and took out his completed history homework, pretending to be working on it. If his parents figured out he'd spent all his day laying on his bed sulking, he'd have to do more chores in compensation. 

"Odysseus," the young voice of his sister lingered at his bedroom door.

"What is it?" he spun around on his chair and watched as his younger sister, Ctimene, stepped over multiple piles of books and loose papers on his floor and made her way to him.

"I made this for you!" she held out a picture frame covered in coloured beads, spaghetti and lots of dried glue. 

"Oh? For me?" Odysseus raised an eyebrow at the craft.

"Yes, mom said to make something for you since I broke your science project," she placed the frame into his lap.

He laughed. "You mean the science project from two months ago?"

Ctimene rolled her eyes and made her way to the door. "And mom said to help her make dinner,"

"Alright," he sighed, watching her leave. His eyes flickered down to the frame in his lap. There was a photo inside, a family portrait. 

Before he could pick it up, he stood up in surprise when he saw Patroclus at his window. "What the hell?"

Patroclus shrugged and gestured to open the window for him.

Odysseus hurriedly shut his door and opened the window for Patroclus. "What are you doing here? If you get caught-"

"Isn't Diomedes coming?" 

"Yes," Odysseus frowned. "But he's been here before and know's how to hide,"

Patroclus waved his hand. "Right, anyway, I just decided to come before he did. I need help,"

"And so do we all," Odysseus kept his eyes on him as he picked up the frame that had fallen off his lap.

"What's that?" Patroclus laughed, referring to the frame.

"My sister made it," he explained. "What do you want?"

Patroclus looked at Odysseus. "Um, well Achilles invited me to watch his football practise on Thursday," 

Odysseus felt like grabbing his notebook to write notes but he instead kept his fingers occupied by fiddling with the loose glue on the picture frame. "Right?"

Patroclus went red. "Um, well, I dunno if you're the best person to tell but I think he likes him. Like...you know,"

"Gay?" Odysseus raised his eyebrow.

"Huh?" Patroclus felt slightly taken aback by Odysseus's calm way of saying The Word. 

"You mean, gay, right?" Odysseus grinned. Maybe his conspiracy was right. He put the picture frame into Patroclus's hands. "Meet Anticlea, my mother, and Daphne, my other mother,"

"Other?"

"They're gay, Pat," Odysseus rolled his eyes. "Boy, girls, or both?" he asked, quoting Helen. When Patroclus seemed to busy inspecting the picture frame he sighed. "If Achilles did, in fact, fancy you, what would your course of action be?"