VI. Where Is Home

i'd just like to make a note that i am not adopted and neither do i know anyone personally who is adopted. these depictions are all based on what research I've done and things i figure people of Odysseus's age would think about and have problems with. if i have gotten anything wrong and if you, someone who knows better than me, think there's something I could change or fix i'd appreciate any criticism. thank you.

---

Odysseus was excellent at confrontation. He had done so on many occasions but now, when it was about him, he wanted to run off and ignore every problem he had.

But he knew that wasn't possible. That was why he was standing outside the school. It was the last day of being suspended and he couldn't be bothered to sneak into the game so he waited until it was over. 

As estimated, the school doors opened and the streets became flooded with students as the week ended.

Odysseus overheard some people talking about the game and he determined that they had won. Pleased that at least that was going for him, he kept his eye out for his friends. 

And there they were, he spotted them loitering near the building, waiting for someone perhaps. Odysseus made his way there. 

"Odysseus! Hey!" Penelope smiled. 

Odysseus spotted Diomedes but he kept his eyes on the others. "Hey," He smiled, keeping his sweaty palms in his pockets. "How was the game?"

"Excellent," Menelaus grinned. "We won by a mile,"

"Thanks to Achilles," Patroclus agreed. "He scored more than half the points,"

"And I the other half," Agamemnon added in a huff.

Odysseus nodded before forcing himself to face Diomedes. "Can I speak to you for a second?" 

"Ooooh," Clytemnestra winked, and for a moment Odysseus wondered if Diomedes had told her- then he wondered about who even knew about what happened. He passed out- so he didn't know. "What have you done now, Dio?" she laughed.

Phew, Odysseus figured she didn't know. 

Stepping to the side, Odysseus could tell Diomedes was upset and distraught. "Um," he began but was prompt cut off.

"I'm really sorry about that- I didn't know what I was doing and-" Diomedes spoke really fast, waving his hands about but he couldn't continue because shouts came from the group.

Diomedes and Odysseus turned to face what was going on; Agamemnon had apparently punched Hector.

"Hey! Stop it, Agamemnon!" Clytemnestra exclaimed, covering her mouth in shock. "You'll get in trouble,"

"Stop it," Achilles also tried to stop the two, who had begun wrestling each other on the ground.

"Why...are you...picking on me!" Hector grimaced with his back on the floor and Agamemnon on top of him. He was met with another punch.

Odysseus snapped out of his trance and stepped forward, helping Achilles try to pull the latter of Hector. "This isn't helping," 

"Agamemnon-" Menelaus tried to say but he didn't hear him.

"You traitor, where's your slimy brother," Agamemnon said harshly.

"I have no idea where my brother is!" 

Odysseus managed to step in between the two, but it didn't stop their squabbling. "You'll get suspended-" Instead he got hit in the head by Agamemnon. Promptly falling to the ground, he heard at least two others gasp.