Chapter 4

It has been 2 weeks now that I have been with the strawhat crew and it's been an interesting time, I've gotten to know them and have become a little bit fond of them,well, not so much the glaring swordsman, I swear his face is stuck like that now.
I was curled up on deck, in my wolf form, beside Chopper as he worked on some new medicines, all was peaceful until Luffy showed up.
"Hey, hey Sakura, come play with us, come on let's play tag" Luffy kept poking me in the head until I opened my eyes and looked at him
"I don't want to play Luffy, I'm relaxing" I huffed and put my head back down
"Aaawww, come on, play tag with me and Ussop" Luffy whined as he continued to poke me but I just ignored him, then, he made a big mistake. His last attempt to get me to move was to pull my tail, you do NOT touch my tail!!! I let out a loud rumbling growl and lunged at Luffy snapping my jaws at him, he dodged and ran laughing while Ussop screamed and ran with him, I chased them intent on getting them between my fangs, I was not a happy puppy.
I neared Ussop and was ready to sink my fangs in to his leg when Luffy stretched his arms out and took a hold of the mast and the side of the deck. He stretched as he ran then stopped causing Ussop to bump in to him then they both flung back, Ussop clutched to Luffy screaming, they crashed into me and sent me flying back, straight into zoro as he slept on deck.
Crap.
"WHAT THE HELL?!" Zoro woke with quite a start as I crashed into him, I gave an apologetic whine as I got off him but he was now mad, he stood up and started yelling at me "you stupid mutt, watch what you're doing!" I let out an angry growl as I turned back to human form and squared up to Zoro,
"What did you call me?"
"A stupid mutt"
"At least I'm not some arrogant second rate swordsman" that comment hit a sore spot for Zoro, he gritted his teeth and got an immensely harsh look to his eyes as he moved a centimetre closer.
"Watch what you say" he really wasn't pleased, our faces where only centimetres apart as I gave a smug smirk,
"Bitch by species, bitch by nature deal with it" at this Zoro gave a frustrated growl and huffed before turning away and storming of mumbling something about can't wait to get to the next island to be rid of me...........charming. I went back to lying next to Chopper as Luffy laughed over how funny waking Zoro up was, pfft, guess someone had to find it funny.

The rest of the day went by uneventful, we were all sat at the table in the kitchen now having just finished our dinner and the crew were discussing what to do on the next island and what they needed to stock up on.
Luffy got distracted by starting up a conversation with me, "hey Sakura, why don't you join us instead of leave at the next island?"
I gave a sigh and stroked one of my ears before answering him, "we've been over this Luffy, I can't join you, I have my own things to do"
"Do them with us" Luffy crossed his arms and got a rare serious look to his face
"I can't and besides I have a pack so I can't become a member of your crew, that would be a betrayal and though species has been called a lot of things in the past we have never been called disloyal."
"Why aren't you with them then?" Zoro had looked over to us now from his end of the table, he didn't ask to be mean, he seemed genuinely curious as was everyone else now.
"Stuff happens and sometimes you just need to get away for a bit"
Sanji placed a cup of tea in front of me as he spoke "do you miss them?"
I looked up at Sanji "of course, I was actually arranged to be married so I had a fiancé" at this Sanji collapsed to the floor in a depression while Nami yelled "seriously" at me, I just laughed as my tail wagged slowly in amusement.
"It's not liked I picked him, I said it was arranged and besides, I think the wedding has been called of since my leaving" at this Sanji perked up and continued serving beverages, Robin accepted a cup of coffee then turned to me "what do you miss doing with your pack that you can't do here?" This was an interesting question but I knew my answer,
"I miss the hunting, running through the forests all in wolf form, felling like your all one being, part of nature, you feel so unbelievably free but I think most of all I miss the howling. Clear sky's, a luminous moon and all of us howling to the heavens creating a raw but beautiful sound that echoed for miles and released your spirit" I gave a blissful sigh as my ears flattened down and I looked at the table. I did miss them.
Seeing my mood change Chopper leaned over and started scratching behind my ear, I gave a happy whine as my tail rapidly thrummed against the seat and my right leg twitched under the table, everyone laughed as I leaned my head into the scratch, tounge slightly hanging out the side of my mouth, nothing so good as an ear scratch.

As it got late everyone went to bed, I stayed on deck to take look out shift for the night, well actually Zoro had look out but I was here for when he fell asleep and he would. I watched for the next island as we drew nearer, in all honesty I was a bit saddened to be leaving this crew but if only I knew what would be waiting for us on this island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again so sorry for late updates 😓 life is so full but anime is a great escape and I thank you all so much for reading. I did my charity run and have raised nearly £500 for cancer research ☺️ hopefully I get 500 views hehe, please comment, vote and share and if anyone wants to drop a message even if it's for a rant then please do, always happy to listen xx