Chapter 7

Sakura POV
My head pounded, my body throbbed and my eyes stung.....am I hungover?
No, I was fighting marines and then passed out! I shot up in a panic looking round the room I was in, it was the infirmary of the thousand sunny. I gasped and clutched my shoulder as a sharp pain ran through it. It was now bandaged and the bleeding had stopped but it was still so painful, my healing ability hasn't completely restored yet.

I got up to go find the rest of the crew, as my feet hit the floor my head spun and my legs wobbled. Still not brilliant but it will pass. I left the infirmary and started for the kitchen hoping someone would be there, the deck was empty and my head was spinning to much to use my heightened senses. I stumbled along nearing the kitchen when a wave jolted the ship, it was only a wee jolt but my legs were unsteady, I fell backwards preparing to smack off the floor but the impact never came.
I look up to see Zoros face looking down at me, I gave a huff,
"I don't need help thank you"
I quickly stood up from Zoros arms just to lose my balance again and fall against his chest causing him to wrap an arm round me, oh dear lord his muscles are firm, I tried to move away from the warmth of his chest but Zoro just tightened his arm.
"What are you doing?" I looked up at him with a confused puppy look on my face.
"Chopper said you should rest, falling about wont help your condition" he kept a still expression but there was a tightness to his body, like he was uncomfortable.
"You don't have to keep a hold of me if it makes you uncomfortable" I tried to wriggle out his grip but he swiftly scooped me up bridal style,
"It's fine"
My ears flattened as I gazed up at him, his face was softer now but still held a serious air as he walked us to the kitchen.

Once Zoro entered the kitchen he sat me in a chair next to Chopper then sat on the other side of me. Sanji immediately noodled his way over,
"Oh, my delicate cherry blossom, how are you feeling? Would you like a herbal tea?"
Zoro seemed more annoyed than usual at Sanjis behaviour, odd. I graciously accepted Sanjis offer of a herbal tea,
"Thank you Sanji, that would be wonderful, and I'm fine. Thank you so much Chopper for looking after me, you are a wonderful doctor"
This made the wee reindeer doctor do a happy dance while saying he was not at all happy, he was so adorable.
Luffy bounded into the seat opposite me, massive grin plastered on his face,
"It was so cool when you jumped over the wall, YOU WERE A GIANT WOLF, IT WAS AWSOME!!!"
Nami smacked luffys face into the table,
"Calm down and stop yelling you idiot." She turned to face me "it was quite something though, non of us expected you to be able to transform into that"
I sipped my tea before answering,
"The giant wolf is, well for lack of a better phrasing, it is my species ultimate form. We are most comfortable in our standard wolf form but the giant wolf works in a lot of situations."
Luffy and Choppers eyes were sparkling in awe while Ussop seemed terrified at the idea of more than one giant wolf. Chopper put on a very serious face as he turned to speak to me.
"I'm sorry Sakura but I couldn't find what made you ill. We took the purple flower that we thought you indicated but it was just a simple monkshoods flower, it's only poisonous when ingested."
I took another sip of tea.
"Another name for monkshoods is wolfs bane, just being near it makes my species weak, it's like seastone for devil fruit users. We become ill, weak, we lose our transformation and healing abilities for a certain time and if ingested it will kill us in a couple hours."
"What about all your scars, you had numerous scars on your arms, neck and back. They looked bad so I put a balm on them........but.....I thought you healed so there was no scars?" Chopper questioned me. I gave a sigh before answering.
"We can't heal wounds that were inflicted by another lycan, I don't know why but we can't. And I sustained most of these when I fought the new alpha."
Zoro rested his cheek on his hand as he spoke,
"Why? I thought you guys were all about loyalty and honor, why attack your alpha?"
I lowered my head, tail drooping, ears flattening,
"Because......I did not accept him as my new alpha. He did not fight the true alpha fair and I did not agree with his beliefs that our race is superior and that we should hunt down humans and drive them to extinction like they did us hundreds of years ago. That's why I left, if I didn't leave I would have been killed by him and his close followers, I had to leave until I get stronger and can beat him. Then, I'll reclaim the pack in the name of the true alpha."

Everyone was silent until Luffy stood up and spoke.
"You are joining our crew since you are no longer with your pack and when you do go back we are coming with you and I'll KICK HIS ASS FOR YOU!!"
All I could do was stare at Luffy, he was so determined and serious. I looked round the room to see similar looks in everyone else's eyes. I couldn't believe it that they would fight for me.

I was so lucky to find these people.

With a sniff and a tear threatening to escape I thanked everyone and accepted to join their crew.
We had a party that night and I savoured every moment of it guessing the troubles to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another update done, thank you all so much again for reading. I hope your enjoying it, please let me know your thoughts and opinions. Vote, comment or message :) xx