Chapter 6- Cingulomania

At some point in the night I woke up, there was a soft knocking coming from my door. Not thinking too much into it I went to find out who it was, looking back at me was happy in the doorway- covered in blood.
I let out a gasp, I'd never see so much blood in my life, and I started to feel worried about him.

"Oh my god happy," I pulled him into my room and sat him on the unmade bed, "what the hell happened?"

He was staring at my body, I then realised my choice to wear just his T-shirt and my underwear to bed wasn't the best choice- if I'd have known he would show up, I'd have worn something a little more concealing.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come to your room," he looked me in the eye now, "I'll go, get some sleep little girl."

As he stood up I pushed him back down, "no way, you're covered blood, let me help you." I didn't know how I would help exactly but I could at least try. "Where are you hurt?"

"I was stabbed in my shoulder, hurts like a bitch." He managed to laugh despite the state he was in.

I turned on the light and realised if I was going to do this, he'd have to be shirtless- just the idea of it making me blush.

"Can you, uh take your shirt off? just so I can see how bad it is." I asked not looking at him at all, it was too embarrassing.

"If you wanted me shirtless you should have just said so little girl," he grinned, doing as I asked, "don't make excuses."

"Don't do this to me hap, I'll loose my focus." I tried to diffuse the situation, fearing that I'd become too flustered to concentrate while I cleaned up the wound.

"Sorry, can't help it," he said while his hands balled into fists- presumably from pain. "You're pretty when you blush."

My hand stopped involuntarily, i was shocked but in a good way. The look on his face seemed as though he thought he'd done wrong.

"You nearly done?" He grunted, possibly from embarrassment.

I moved my hand away from his shoulder and moved my face to look at him, "no one's ever called me pretty before," I wasn't ugly, but there were better looking people around, "thank you."

"I'll tell you more often then, to make up for all the times no one said it." His tone was so honest it made my eyes glaze over with tears. I had known him less than a month and he made me feel so different- I didn't even know what the feeling was.

We stared at each other for what seemed like ten minutes, but in reality it was probably half a second, then I realised I should probably continue to dress his wound.

"I'm just going to get some stuff from the first aid box in the bathroom," I said already on my way there, "I won't be long."

My phone was on the bed next to happy, at some point I had picked it up to see what ungodly hour it was, the screen lit up signalling I had a message. Happy looked to the phone, seeing a text from 'dad', curiosity getting the better of himself he briefly scanned over what the message entailed.

'Dad'
'Please talk to us Maggie, we lost one child, don't make us loose another. We miss you, call us, we just want to know your safe.'

Maggie came back into the room, happy quickly looked away from her phone in hopes that she didn't see him reading the text.

"Right, I'll just put this dressing on and you should be okay for the night, you'll need to change it pretty much every day though." I gave a half smile, I quite liked playing doctor, especially for happy.

"You mean you'll have to change it, I can't do that shit." He corrected.

"I suppose I could help, it'll cost you though." I smirked, what had gotten into me?

"Yeah? What would it cost little girl?" He raised both eyebrows in anticipation, gently resting his hands on my hips as I finished placing the dressing.

I rubbed my eyes and looked away, placing my phone on the bedside table, I then moved to get in bed, "I'll think about it."

The corners of his mouth lifted into a smile, he got up too, undressing down to his boxers, then got into bed with me.

My eyes widened in shock, we had slept in the same bed before but I was drunk the last time- I was stone cold sober now.

"What are you doing?" I asked, probably looking like a deer in headlights.

"Going to sleep," he stated matter-of-factly.

"In my bed?"

"You seemed cold, thought I could keep you warm." The fact that he was so unbothered made me a little nervous.

"I'm quite warm actually."

"Well, I'm cold so come here." He pulled me to him so that my head was on his chest.

"Hap?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you actually here?"

He took a deep breath, I felt it, then replied, "I just want to be close to someone for a bit. Is that okay little girl?"

I nodded and placed my hand on his chest, slowly tracing circles.
"I don't mind hap, I like the company."

"Good to know," he laughed, "you're a good girl Maggie, nothing but kind."

"Not always, just to people I like."

"Do you like me?" He said, I could feel him looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"I like you more than you think,"  I considered saying that, but decided now wasn't the time- well, it was the perfect time but I just wasn't ready to admit that I liked happy.

"You're making me blush again happy." I had no idea what to say.

"Sorry little girl," his hand patted my head, "go to sleep, you'll be tired in the morning."

I soon fell asleep, not that it was hard with happy's naturally warm and protecting presence next to me. I did however feel a warmth within me, which was indirectly caused by happy too.

———————————————————

A/n:yo! This was so cuteeee, I wanted to do your typical hurt character getting help from another character so I hope I did it well. And as always Cingulomania means a strong desire to hold a person in your arms.

-😻