~*5*~

I've been staring at the same piece of paper for an hour now

It's midnight.

I'm not one to stand up in front of a crowd and speak, I need to know what I'm saying before hand. Like planning it out.

I need to come up with an introduction.

Which work I am going to talk about.

Something inspiring.

And a closing.

The event is in five days starting tomorrow, on Friday, so I have some time to prepare.

The only thing I have so far is,

Hi, my name is Ivory Maxton and today....

This is where the writers block hits. I think to myself, running a hand across my forehead.

Knock, Knock.

"Come in!" I yell to whoever is behind the door.

My dad walks in crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ivory." He takes a pause.

"What did I tell you about laying on the floor. Its bad for your back and eyes." He says sighing, coming closer.

"How is it bad for my eyes? I mean back I understand." I say as he laughs.

"Number one, your straining them in the darkness. Number two, its going to give you a headache." He says taking a step closer crouching down beside me.

"Okay." I say as he rolls his eyes.

"What are you writing?" He questions staring at my paper, reading off the words.

"Mr. Lawson invited me to a event to speak about my writing, so I'm planning out what I should say."

"Well that's exciting."

"I know but I just need to know what to say."

"Why? Just wing it, your a writer, your good with your words."

I mumble something, putting my hair over my face.

"Iv, No need to practice. Just do it, you'll be surprised. You've been preforming your writing since you were little."

"Yes, at school events where no one cares, and I've actually prepared."

"Are you afraid?"

"I'm not afraid of the audience or talking, I just like to know what I'm saying." I say as he pats my shoulder.

"Don't dwell on this too much Iv, please." He says getting up from his position and walking out the door, closing it behind him.

I always loved seeing the looks on peoples faces when I surprise them with my work, but it's planned, and planned, and planned, until perfection. Doing what dad said wont sit well with me, and I wont sleep for the whole week.

I could try.

Try.

Maybe.

I'll think about it, but for now I need sleep, it's almost one' o clock in the morning.

I walk over to my bed, plopping down on it as I shut the lights on my bedside table, adjusting on my back as I stare up at the ceiling, falling into a deep sleep.

----------------------

I'm awoken by a shake and a quiet voice. "Ivory, wake up." My brother Greyson says. "What the hell Greyson, it's like.... so early." I say rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. "It's only like four." He says, a laugh escaping his mouth in the process.

"And you decided to wake me up at four, for what?" I say sitting up on my bed, my legs still tangled in the sheets.

"Eliza and me want to take you somewhere." He says a smile on his face.

"Where would we go at four in the morning?"

"Just trust me."

"Do mom and dad know?"

"Yes they know, and Eliza is outside."

"Alright give me a sec." I say as he nods his head walking out the door.

I don't where he's taking me, but I'm kind of curious. I get up and walk over to my closet, opening the doors and throwing on a pair of sweatpants. I wore a shirt to bed, so no need to change that. I grab my phone off my nightstand and walk out the door.

"Ready." I whisper shout as he nods and walks out the door.

Greyson walks into the driver seat and I see Eliza in the front. "Little sis!" She yells as I open my door to my brothers car. "Hey Eliza." I say as she turns her head to look at me. "You excited!?" She says a smile lighting up her face. "I'm not sure what were doing." I say as Greyson laughs, Eliza slaps his arm, "You didn't tell her?" She yells as he smiles sheepishly at her. "I thought it was a surprise?"

"Liar." She points at him, as he just smiles and starts the car, putting it into drive.

---------------

"What is this place?!" I say as I take in my surroundings. The small overlook, shining with the gold sun as it rises. "It's called lovers peek." Eliza says. "We wanted to take you here because the view is most beautiful at this time." Greyson chimes in, wrapping an arm around Eliza's shoulder.

"Thank you!" I say enthusiastically. "Your welcome!" Eliza says pulling out of Greyson's embrace to sit beside me. "I don't want your brother to hear this.... but...." She takes a pause. "When you find your special someone, take them here, it's the perfect place." She says smiling up at the view.

We spend another hour talking about some of their experiences at this place.

I like it here.

------------------------

I enter my house after we dropped off Eliza at her house. Greyson trailing behind me.

"You two have fun?" Mom says from the kitchen taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yes!" I say as Greyson walks over to the kitchen, grabbing a vine of grapes.

"Your so weird." I say laughing at him, as he eats them.

"No, your weird, this is the best fruit."

"Lies, lies, and more lies."

He shrugs as he walks up to his room, probably to get ready for school.

I hug my mom as she just laughs at our remarks, as I make my way up to my room to get ready for school.

••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••.••

That's chapter five! I hope you enjoyed it!

What do you guys think of Eliza?

Thank you for reading!

It would mean the world if you voted and commented!

-Bianca