Chapter 3

May you have a good time reading!

Btw, my school is starting and the publication of chapters may be slower.

Thank you for your understanding! 👍👍

***********************************************************************************

The sky was slowly turning orange, the clouds were slightly pink and Ezaap's shadow was almost invisible. He had asked Tonowari, his father, if he could be in charge of hunting the fish for the Sully family to eat and he had accepted which Ezaap was grateful for.

Then, here he was, on his ilu named Tsu'o, searching for a good place to hunt. As his Tsu'o swam, Ezaap watched the sunset as it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

Actually, it was the most pretty thing he had ever seen.

He loved sunsets. It made him reset his mind. Forget about all the misery he could be going through during a day. Watching the different colours take over the usual bright blue colour of the sky. Even though many Na'vi feared the sky because of its mystery, Ezaap found some sort of comfort in the endless and ever-changing canvas of colour. He could stare at it for hours without looking away.

After a few minutes, he dived under water with his ilu and got behind a massive rock and positioned his hunting weapon, a crossbow, beside his hiding place so he could have some sort of visual on the fish or marine creature who was going to go to Eywa this evening.

Smaller fish passed in front of his hiding place and were shot by an arrow from his crossbow. He caught 10 of them before bringing them in a basket, on his Ilu and finally making his way back to the village.

When he got the edge of the water, where he could finally walk, he made his way toward the Sully's Marui, fishes in hands. As he got closer to the Marui, he heard voices he instantly recognized.

"But I want to go home!" he heard a small voice said with a shaky breath. Ezaap presumed this person was currently crying because he could heard small sob from the Marui.

"Oh Tuk...," said a female voice, Neytiri's, who was Toruk Makto's wife and the one Ezaap's mother wasn't so found of. Her voice held a little bit of pity and compassion for her younger daughter who was still silently crying.

"Tuk- This is our home now," calmly said Jake, trying to convince his daughter, the rest of his family and probably himself too, that it was for the better.

"We're gonna get through this if we have each other's backs," Jake said again with conviction and Ezaap could clearly see why he had been olo'eyktan of the Omaticayas, he truly had the soul of a leader.

"What does your father always says?," Neytiri finally spoke with calmness, understanding what her husband was trying to do.

Then, Ezaap heard faint voices, as if the people who we're supposed to respond had whispered and he wasn't able to hear them correctly. The same voices spoke again a little louder for Tonowari's son to understand what they were saying "Sullys stick together."

The soon-to-be olo'eyktan of the Metkayinas took this opportunity to make himself known to the dark blue skinned Na'vis. He now stood in the entrance of the family's Marui, fresh fishes in hands who were ready to be eaten.

Neytiri noticed him first since she was in front of the entrance and Jake had his eyes on his kids to convince them that seeking Uturu was for the best. She nudged her beloved with her elbow which resulted in him looking at her and then at Ezaap who he didn't seem to noticed at first.

Finally noticing the eldest son of Tonowari, he rapidly got up, signalled for the rest of his family to do the same and saluted with respect the teenager waiting at the entrance of his new home.

"I see you, Ezaap, son of Tonowari," Ezaap heard a few voices said in almost forced politeness that made him feel like he didn't belonged there and it was true but this family was kind of appealing to him.

"No need for that, I am just here to bring you some fish who will be eaten for diner. I hope I hunted enough for the whole family to enjoy. I apologize for any inconvenient," the son of Tonowari said as he felt Jake walk up to him.

He gave Jake the fish who were all 10 installed in a basket made of big vines. As he was about to return to his home and eat his own diner with his family but was interrupted by an arm grabbing his wrist, Ezaap flinched at the touch but relaxed when he turned around and saw the Sully oldest son also known as Neteyam's warm eyes.

"Hey...um..," Neteyam started as his eyes widened as if he had just realized he had raised his voice in order to talk to the Metkayina chief's son. "I-I was wondering if you knew when we will need to be ready for our first 'swimming class'," Neteyam said with a little joking tone as he said the last words which only made his little brother laugh by the awkwardness of the situation.

Ezaap, not even noticing the joking tone of the male before him, responded "If I remember correctly you will need to be ready after the first meal in the morning. My sister Tsireya and my brother Ao'noung will be in charge of you while I will accompany my father in teaching Mister Sully in getting use to his ride," as he said those words, his eyes shifted to Toruk Makto who was listening to him and he then continued while lifting his eyes to Neteyam who was looking at him with too much interest.

"I strongly suggest that you do not eat too much before going in the water because it can cause stomach ache and vomiting," Ezaap said, emotionless.

"Ewww! This is so gross!" exclaimed Tuk as she made a grimaced face imagining how vomit would look like in the water.

"Will they be safe? Will my children, all of them, be safe?" Ezaap heard Jake's wife said with venom all over her voice as she looked the teenager up and down. Tonowari had taught his oldest son to never feel intimidated or at least never show it. Thinking about this, the Metkayina raised his chin and lifted his head, high.

Show no weaknesses.

"Neytiri-," Jake said in a warning tone because he didn't like the way she was talking to the ones who accepted them as refugees. It could trow all of his plan of keeping his family safe off. The eldest Sully was cut off by winnings.

"Mom!," said Kiri as she felt embarrassed about her overprotective mother. Neteyam thinking the same but didn't want to face his mother. Who knows what she would do?

"Come one mom, we aren't children anymore!," said Lo'ak with disbelief. He then smirked and exclaimed "Well except Tuk who is still a baby-"

"HEY! Stop it Lo'ak! I may be younger than you but I am more mature!," Tuk said loudly, cutting Lo'ak.

"Pfff- That's not even true. Get off of your little fantasy and come back in the real world!," Lo'ak spoke with mockery.

"I am saying the truth, dad said it with his own words!," Tuk continued with pride and a big cocky smile dancing on her lips.

"Huh? Dad-" Lo'ak started while turning to his father for explanation on this traitor act but was cut off by a cold voice that made the room turned dead silent.

"Any harm done to them will be blamed on me. I will assure their safety, trust me on that. I also suggest that you stop being mistrustful toward us. If we would've wanted you dead, you would've already been deceased," Ezaap said with narrowed eyes who made the whole family shudder but Neytiri still glared at the eldest son of Ronal who she didn't even trusted.

As a staring contest settled between Neytiri and Ezaap, the Metkayina turned around, satisfied with his fulfilled duty of the day, and exited the Marui without another word.

The only thought that could be mutually thought between the Sully family was...

'This kid is dangerous'

*************************************************************************

Thank you very much for reading! I hope you had a good time.

May you have a good day.

Thank you for 70 reads! I am really grateful!

👍👍