Chapter 5

What's up? I hope y'all are doing good!

Sorry if it took a long time but I will always prioritize my studies. Thank you for understanding!

May you have a good reading time 👍👍

***************************************************************************

After a while, Neteyam was finally able to keep up with Ezaap even though the pastel blue eyed male was going as slow as he possibly could. Let's just say that Neteyam had other skills than swimming.

The sun was coming up and it's sunbeams were furiously blinding the two boys who were now resting on the sand after almost 2 hours of swimming lessons. Neteyam was quite exhausted already, maybe he should've listened to Ezaap after all, but he regretted nothing. He loved the time he had just passed with the Metkayina boy. Alone.

It was the first time in a while that he had felt truly alive. Truly himself. He smiled at the thought.

"You know...You aren't that bad after all, forest boy." said a voice he now knew like the back of his hand. Neteyam turned to the aqua blue skinned boy who was looking thoughtfully at the horizon. He made a dramatic hurt face before saying "What did you expect? Someone savage who walks around with arrows and a bow screaming all the time? That is not how we are, in the forest." Neteyam knew that the sea people saw the forest people as savages because of the difference in culture.

"I guess I expected you to be more...human," Ezaap finally said after a few seconds of silence. Ezaap knew that Neteyam's father, Jake, was originally from the sky people. The humans. If Jake would've not said that he was once from the sky people, the Metkayina boy surely would've not guessed that he wasn't a true Na'vi before. It's as if Eywa had approved Jake in her hold, as if she considered him like one of her own. Her child. Like all Na'vi.

That showed Ezaap once more that the Sully family really could adapt. To anything. As if they were unstoppable even though they had faced many obstacles. A fortress who could never be destroyed.

He envied them.

Neteyam didn't say anything. What could he respond? More human? He didn't like that idea one bit. The sky people were dangerous and a threat that needed to be stopped. Even though the forest boy had many human friends, he despised those from the sky who once started a war that killed many innocent Na'vi in the process. One of those deceased Na'vi could've been his father or his mother, and he couldn't stand the idea of not having the same parents as he did now.

A silence enveloped once more the two boys and they could hear the whisper of the waves as they crashed against the sand at the two Na'vi boys' feet. The quietness that had settled between the two for a while now, scared Ezaap. He feared that he had said something wrong, something inappropriate. It was the first time he felt a connection with someone other than his family. Had he been too extroverted? Had he been too much himself with a boy he barely knew?

Ezaap realized that this wasn't how he should be. Having fun. With a complete stranger. He shared too much laughter with the boy beside him for his liking. The Metkayina regretted showing so much emotions he sometimes struggled to expressed similar feeling to his own brother, Ao'noung. But he was revealing them to Neteyam? Whom he only knew for almost a day. He now must erase his mistakes. It was his duty to become the next Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina. The heir of his father's role. This meant that Ezaap needed to be focus on his path to become the protector of his village. Of his whole clan.

Ezaap didn't have time for childish stuff like friends and fun. As much as he liked his time with the dark blue skinned boy, he had to make the right choice. The choice Tonowari had taught his son to make numerous times in the past.