Chapter 1

The world hasn't been the same. Tokyo which once was a lively city, is now dead and overgrown. People who once had sad, boring lives, are now psychotic murderers.

Over half the population of Tokyo is either dead, or missing.

But not you.

You were almost prepared for this moment.

In the old world, you were an assassin.

The good things about assassins, you would've never known they were there.

Although this job sounds extremely psychotic and twisted, it paid well and is extremely helpful in this new world.

You were fast. You have a sharp shot and mind. Your problem solving is even quicker. You can read people like a book, and blend in with the people. Not to mention your ability and professionalism in hand to hand combat.

Another helpful skill, you have been able to tune out your feelings most of your life.

Life in the old world for an assassin wasn't for faint of heart, or someone who craves attention.

You definitely didn't.

Your remorse towards people is very slim, and you hardly ever make small talk unless there's something in it for you.

You've played so many games just to feel something, but you yet to.

At this point, you likely have over one hundred days on your Visa.

-

Today was just like every other. Empty. Not a single person for miles, but you paid no attention.

It was the afternoon, so you had hours to burn before heading to a game.

You walk aimlessly in the streets, letting your feet guide you.

You were about to continue walking, when a quaint bookstore caught your eye.

You walked in to see hundreds of books scattered all over the ground, and shelves knocked over.

You carefully step over the ripped pages and un-read words. You look around for a bit, before you make your way into the back.

On the very last shelf you see one small book, with no damage to be seen. "Loving Someone who Cannot Love." The title read.

You shrugged and found a somewhat cozy place to sit.

You didn't expect to be so pulled in by the words on the pages, so before you knew it, the sun had already begun to set.

You quickly notice the orange glow seeping into the library, and set the finished book close by.

Your spirits very slightly lift in anticipation for your next game.

You walk out and away from the bookstore to see the huge white screen directing you to the game.

Once you make it, you quickly notice the size of the arena. It was an apartment complex.

"Hm." You muttered before stepping in.
Everyone's attention shifted to you as you picked the a phone. You didn't make eye contact.

You sat yourself on the ground, back to the wall and observed.

There was quite a lot of people already there in the queue, but a duo caught your attention first.

It was two skinny males. One whom had short bleached blonde hair, and the other dark longer messy hair.

You quickly noticed the blonde getting frustrated with the other man about helping another player.