Chapter 2

The whole walk was silent. Your distance from him remained about a foot apart.

His footsteps were quiet, but so we're yours, but it just added to the eerie quietness.

You two make it to the gate, where he tells you to wait. You did, he was gone for around 10 minutes before opening the gate for you to enter.

You didn't show any sign of discomfort, or concern. Mainly because, you didn't, regardless of the fact it was In the low 50s.

He guides you up-to the executive room. It was a spacious room, lit by fluorescent lights. There had to be at least 10 people in the room, with one large oval table in the middle.

The stranger who brought you here queued with his eyes to sit, so you did.

A man in a kimono themed robe walks up to you with his arms stretched out.
"Hello newcomer! My name is Hatter, and welcome to my Utopia." He said in a warm, but chilling tone.

"And what would your name be?" He said with a smile.

"Y/N." You said, not giving any emotion or hints of vulnerability.

"Ah, Y/n. It's very nice to meet you. Chishiya said that you've beat a lot of games!"

What? I never told him that?!

You kept eye contact, not confirming nor denying this piece of unspoken information.

You coldly drift your eyes to the man, who you just learned the name of.

"I saw the deck of cards in your pocket." He mouthed keeping his arms crossed.

You were almost impressed by his inquisitiveness, but you chose to ignore it.

Hatter continued about what they do here, and the rules. You drift off out of boredom, but understood the main idea.

You handed over your cards, which impressed the executives since you had quite a bit of them.

Then, a somewhat attractive man approaches you. He has his hair slicked back in a bun, with a couple strands dangling in front of this face.

He has facial piercings in various areas as well, he picks up the riffle that was laying on his shoulder, and lifts your chin with the tip of it.

"What brings you here, Y/n?" He says as he licks the rim of his mouth exposing his tongue piercing.

You turn you vision over to Chishiya with a slight, fake smile on your face. "Guess I was bored." You said.

The man then leans over, tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear, and whispers "Well, I'll have fun with a pretty thing like you."

His warm breath tickled your ear as you just sat there unamused.

"Leave the newcomer alone, Niragi." Ann speaks, giving you a warm smile.

Hatter then continues. "You will be taken on a test to see if you meet the standards of an executive position. Chishiya, she's your responsibility. She has great talent." He says staring at the half deck you earned.

"She will be staying in your room, Chishiya. You have two beds. Two smart minds would thrive together." Hatter says looking over at Niragi whom looks extremely jealous.

Sharing a room with a stranger was not something you saw yourself doing, ever. But you didn't oppose, and neither did he.

You make your way out of the room with Chishiya once again at your side. "Pretty talented, huh." He finally speaks.

"Hm." You dryly respond.

"Not much of a talker, huh." He asks, trying to pry.

"Maybe." You say rolling your eyes.