fourteen

SAE-RI DESPISED PEOPLE who said their feelings late and left the other person in complete shock at the news. It's not that she wore her heart on her sleeve, really.

It reminded her of herself when she told Uk she wished to end their courtship, she swore she heard his own heart shatter to pieces upon hearing the words he dreaded. It scared her. It broke Uk. But she didn't understand why Yul said it THAT suddenly. He had months and years to say it to her face.

But he never did. He allowed their feelings, or his, pretend feelings to flow freely.

And now he said everything was a lie? It couldn't have been. There was no way. He looked at her with too much love, she couldn't bear it. "What am I to Jang Uk? I don't know, there was a time i was his everything, there was a time i was just a friend. I don't know." Sae-ri admitted to Mu-deok staring blankly at the maid or assassin.

"I..see." Mu-deok replied , or, Naksu, replied. "Do you resent me then?" Naksu asked, her deep voice almost sending shivers down the Kim girl's spine.

"Maybe. But why would I anyway? You are kind of still the same young girl i met in Danhyanggok. Should it matter than much? I want peace. I want love. I want a family. I wanted Yul. But he didn't want me one bit, maybe he did at some point, but he has made it clear he doesn't now. I can't resent you for loving someone who isn't me. I quite liked it, having you flustered even if i done nothing but speak. It was adorable. But i was a naive child, and you were a trained assassin craving revenge." Sae-ri rambled, "I don't care." she added.

"But i care about the four seasons and my family, especially the people at the Jang household, they basically treated me like their lady. I appreciate that. So if ever, you are the reason one of the seasons and friends of mine i love dearly are hurt, i will hunt you down, and hate you forever, and have peace while you burn in hell for your sins. It doesn't matter now if you're a mistaken villain. I will protect Jang Uk and my beloved loved ones till i die, and i won't hesitate to be the one who reveals the assassin if needed." The kim girl stated.

Sae-ri glared at the woman infront of her. Naksu gritted her teeth, clenching her fists.

"It doesn't matter if you hate me or will run to Yul and tell him of my actions. But i won't apologize. I won't feel a single drop of guilt." Sae-ri drawled out, her voice radiated with power, yet..grace.

Naksu stared as the Lady walked away, the woman is powerful, a dangerous person who could kill everyone and everything at Daeho for a single person, whether it be Jang Uk or Seo Yul, or Cho-yeon or Seon-u, or Danggu or whoever else. She wouldn't hesitate to kill off Naksu if she wished, and she could get away with it, claiming self-defense. And everyone would side with her.

"Are you alright?" Seo Yul asked, the way he grabbed at her arm made her snap out of her daze of thoughts. "Yes. What's that?" she asked in confusion, staring at the flowers he held away from his face.

"Flowers. Your most favorite." he smiled gently, Naksu felt her heart flutter, she snorted, taking the flowers out of his hand.

"You could get serious side effects from your allergies, stop that now Young Master Seo." Naksu scolded playfully, "Shadow Assassin Naksu, being playful? What a nice sight." Yul smiled, making Naksu freeze, but relax. "Won't you expose me?" Naksu asked cautiously, "No. I've decided to disobey the Songrim demands for once, and stick to what my heart demands." Seo Yul stated, taking hold of her cold hands.

"You're very warm." Naksu commented, not knowing what to say.

"Indeed."

LOCATION: Cliff at Danhyanggok, Jang Uk training his powers.

  SAE-RI WATCHED AS Jang Uk trained his hand with haste and skill that impressed her. "Yah, Jang Uk! Stop that, take a rest, you might explode your blood vessels." Sae-ri exclaimed, taking hold of his arm. "E-explode?!" Jang Uk exclaimed, utterly mortified. "Yes, be careful." Sae-ri stated, "Aish, you could've said it sooner." Uk groaned out, "Eh? It would've done nothing because of your stupid ass." Sae-ri teased.

"Aigoo, stubborn as ever." Jang Uk teased, pinching her cheeks. Sae-ri grinned happily, brushing a piece of hair that stuck onto his forehead due to sweat. The world slowed around them, Jang Uk smiling as he saw her happy grin.

"You were sad a moment ago." Jang Uk pointed out, arms around her waist, as well as Sae-ri's arms around his waist. The girl grinned, "As long as I'm with you i've got a smile on my face."

AUTHORS NOTE:
Sae-ri in her villian era ongg?? Defending Uk till death eraa yeyyyyyyyy! Im gonna give yall a million plot twists just so you guys don't predict the ending quickly..😭